Skip to main content

Wyrd & Wonder 2024 - Movies and TV Shows I Want To Watch This Month

Happy Thursday everyone!  Today I'm sharing my potential watchlist for Wyrd & Wonder 2024 (a month long celebration of all things fantasy co-hosted by Lisa @ Dear Geek Place, imyril @ There’s Always Room For One More, Ariana @ The Book Nook, Annemieke @ A Dance With Books, and Jorie @ Jorie Loves A Story (artwork by Ehtisham Sajid),.  I've got quite a few fantasy movies and tv shows on my watchlist and I think I've got some great watching ahead of me.  I can't say that I'll make much of a dent in them, but I'll give it my best try!  If you like, you can check out my announcement and tbr post here.  You can check out my list on Letterboxd as well, if you like.

Movies

The Little Mermaid (2023) - These Disney live action remakes can be kind of hit or miss, but I've heard some pretty positive things about this one.

The Lord of the Rings (1978) - I love the Peter Jackson movies and I've been meaning to try this animated movie for quite awhile.  Plus, it's on my Letterboxd Anti-Criterion 2024 Challenge as well.

Once Upon A Crime (2023) - I saw this Japanese movie pop up on Netflix and it looks like it could be a fun retelling.

TV Shows

Dead Boy Detectives, Season 1 (2024) - This Netflix series came out on April 25th and it's one of my most anticipated new shows of the spring.  I like their comics along with The Sandman (both comics and the Netflix adaptation), so I have high expectations for this!

The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power, Season 1 (2022) - I'm going to rewatch the first season since the next season is due to be released later this year. While I didn't enjoy this as much as the Peter Jackson movies, I just had a good time being back in Middle-Earth. My favorite characters in this series were Elrond, During, Disa, and Arondir. I'm looking forward to seeing it all again. 

Tomorrow, Season 1 (2022) - The trailer for this K-Drama looks like it could be a really cool series.  I was hoping to watch this last year, but I kept putting it off.  I hope I can get started in on this show asap.

The Uncanny Counter, Season 2 (2023) - I just recently finished up the first season on Netflix and I can't wait to jump into season 2.  I'm so invested in the characters and their stories.  Plus, the action and fantasy elements in this K-drama are awesome in their own right too.

The Wheel of Time, Season 1 (2021) - I've only read the first book in the series this is based on so far, but the show looks like it could have potential.  I was thinking about watching this last year too, but I kept putting it off so hopefully I can get to it this time around.


Are you taking part in Wyrd & Wonder this year?  Have you watched any of these shows or movies?  Which should I try first?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. I'd love to start watching Dead Boy Detectives too. You have lots to choose from!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got only one episode left in the series and I'm extremely invested in the characters!

      Delete
  2. Dead Boy Detectives looks interesting. Base off a comic too. I'm going has to check to it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read a few of the comics and I loved The Sandman too. 😁

      Delete
  3. I keep meaning to watch Dead Boy Detectives. Looks so good. Once Upon a Crime too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already finished Dead Boy Detectives and it's already become an all time favorite Netflix show! I hope it gets renewed.

      Delete
  4. I'd love to watch Dead Boy Detectives. But we have no netflix I cry. I still want to see that Little Mermaid as well. It always looked really nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing - maybe you can borrow it from someone! :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Unread Books On My Shelves I Want To Read Soon

Wyrd & Wonder 2024 - Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Fantasy Books I've Read Since Last May

Wyrd & Wonder 2024 - Announcement & TBR