Happy Sunday everyone! I can't believe it's already the end of August! Today I'm sharing my my eigth update for my progress for the year long reading challenge called the 2026 Popsugar Reading Challenge. In August, I completed 3 books for a total of 44 read so far out of 50 total books on my tbr. Only 6 to go! You can see my original tbr here. Keep reading to see my thoughts on the books I read in August for this challenge:
26. A book with a character who navigates infertility
The Children of Men by P.D. James would be a different story for me if I hadn't already seen the movie that it was adapted from. For me, this is definitely a case of the movie being far, far better than the book that inspired it. I will say though, world-building is the strongest element. A lot of what took this down was the characterizations. I wasn't interested in anything happening to any of them.
My review is also on Goodreads and The StoryGraph.
20. A book with a character who does Pilates or Lagree
❋ ❋
Never Saw Me Coming by Vera Kurian sounded like it was going to be right up my alley. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me quite as well as I was expecting. I might have preferred this if it were Chloe's pov only rather than alternating between other characters as well. She was the only one interesting enough to stick with as I was not fond of the others.
My review is also on Goodreads and The StoryGraph.
5. A book about women astronauts
❋ ❋ ❋
The Relentless Moon (Lady Astronaut Universe #3) by Mary Robinette Kowal was a good return to a favorite series. For some reason, though, I didn't quite get into this one as much as I did the previous two. It was still good to be back in this world though. In my mind, this was too long by at least 100 pages and I think I might have just missed Elma a little too much to really get into this one.
My review is also on Goodreads and The StoryGraph.
Have you read any of these books? Are you participating in this challenge? As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!




Comments
Post a Comment