Happy Sunday everyone! Today, I'm sharing my August update for Bookforager's Picture Prompt Book Bingo 2026. In August, I completed 2 out of 14 read so far of a total of 16 books on my tbr. Without further ado, keep reading to see my thoughts on the book I read in August for this challenge:
5. A hot air balloon
❋ ❋ ❋
Airborn (Matt Cruse #1) by Kenneth Oppel was quite a fun adventure with engaging characters and writing style. As much as I liked this, though, I think it's definitely a case of simply being a book that I would have absolutely loved even more if I read it back when it was new and I was younger. I'm not sure if I'll continue on with this series or not at this time.
My review is also on Goodreads and The StoryGraph.
11. A hand holding a threaded needle
❋ ❋ ❋ ❋
Such Wicked Intent (The Apprenticeship of Victor Frankenstein #2) by Kenneth Oppel is a great finale and retelling/ prequel of one of my favorite classics. It's been a while since I read the first book in this duology, but I really enjoyed coming back to see everyone again. It's a good example of knowing exactly where the story's going to go, but still being surprised and hooked by the way it's playing out.
My review is also on Goodreads and The StoryGraph.
Have you read these books? Are you taking part in this challenge? As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!



Comments
Post a Comment