Skip to main content

Allegiant (Divergent #3) by Veronica Roth - Review

Allegiant (Divergent, #3)


❋ ❋ ❋ ❋ 

I didn't quite expect it to end the way it did (the experiment, generally speaking), but overall I'm happy with the conclusion to Veronica Roth's series. Well, maybe happy isn't the right word...I'm actually kind of a wreck after withstanding that ride, more like I'm satisfied with how it all went down. I'm glad everything wasn't all for naught(what I was actually kind of expecting), and that the tone by the end was still hopeful if bittersweet. I did have a few issues with parts of the finale. Some scenes felt too simple and easy, viz Tobias, Evelyn and Marcus. It was also a bit difficult keep track of the POV chapters between Tris and Tobias; at times, their voices just felt too similar and I would have to flip back to the beginning of the chapters to remind myself which was speaking.

I don't want to give too much away, but I don't feel this final installment was quite as strong as the first two and it's my least favorite of the three. I'm glad we finally got more answers, but it wasn't at all what I was expecting. I kind of missed the format of the previous installments, and Allegiant changed everything, which I can definitely appreciate. And on Roth's part, it took bravery to take her characters and her story on this journey.

Despite it's faults, I'm still giving it 5 stars. I know I haven't done the story justice here, but I love this series and I feel it has definitely earned it.

I can't wait to read the Four: A Divergent Story Collection and I can't wait to see the film adaptation of Divergent!


I read this from March 12 - 19, 2014 and my review is also on Goodreads.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review