Friday, September 23, 2016
The Summer Reader Tag
Thanks to Lys @ The Mad Reader for tagging me to take part in the Summer Reader Book Tag! Yes, I know this is actually the second day of Fall, but it's still hot enough outside to call it Summer...so on that note, let's get to the tag:
1. Lemonade: Pick a book that started off bitter but got better.
Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel - It took a little while to get into the swing of the story and writing, but it was really addicting once I got going.
2. Golden Sun: Pick a book that made you smile beyond compare.
Ghostly Echoes by William Ritter
This was my reaction to be sure!
3. Tropical Sun: Pick a book set in a foreign country.
The Crown's Game by Evelyn Skye - I'm currently listening to this one on audio - it's set in 1825 Russia.
4. Tree Shade: Pick a book in which a mysterious or shady character was first introduced.
I'm going to agree with Lys and say A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin - no shortage of shady characters are introduced here!
5. Beach Sand: Pick a book that was grainy and the plot barely developed.
The Cletus P. Reese Story... Murder Ridge by Jayne Call Imler - I knew this was a fictionalized account of a true crime story, but the story we got needed a lot of work, to say the least.
6. Green Grass: Pick a character that was full of life, making you smile.
The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch
7. Watermelon: Pick a book that had some juicy secrets.
We Were Liars by E. Lockhart - Plus, all sorts of twist and turns!
8. Sun Hat: Pick a book that had a vast universe/ setting.
A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab - I'm counting all four Londons.
9. BBQ: Pick a book in which a character was portrayed as a hunk.
Thief of Lies by Brenda Drake - Arik and Bastien are both described as hot and sexy a ridiculous number of times.
10. Summer Fun: Pass the tag on!
Since it isn't technically summer anymore, I won't tag anyone specifically, but if you'd like to take part in this tag, please feel free.