Skip to main content

The Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings): Only Human (Doctor Who: New Series Adventures #5) by Gareth Roberts


Welcome to The Friday 56, a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice.

These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.


I'm also taking part in Book Beginnings, a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader.  The rules are pretty simple - you share the first sentence or so and your initial thoughts, impressions, or whatever else it inspires.  Don't forget to link up your post's url with Rose City Reader.


This week I'm spotlighting one of my current reads, Only Human (Doctor Who: New Series Adventures #5) by Gareth Roberts.  This is my fifth Doctor Who tie-in novel, and my second featuring the Ninth Doctor.  It also includes Rose and Captain Jack.  I'm only about 30 pages in so far and there's already plenty of timey-wimey fun!


Beginning:

My Weekend
by Chantal Osterberg (aged 7)
2 October AD 438,533

On Saturday, our cat Dusty was giving the whole family too many wrong-feelings.  She weed on the upholstery again.  It's nice to have pets to stroke, and we do love Dusty, but she has been too naughty recently.  She gets in the way.  Later a man over the road tripped over her and broke his leg.  That was inconvenient and the man needed a health-patch.

56:

And then suddenly, as so often with the Doctor at her side, the last thing she could have imagined happened.

Comments

  1. Sounds like a great read. Thanks for sharing. My Friday Book is Beneath the Surface by Jo Spain. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sound of this one...great excerpts. Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've actually read a couple of the Doctor Who novels before, so this one sounds like one I would enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like I live in a cave. I've never watched Dr. Who or read any of the tie-ins. This week I have an up-coming release - Home by Harlan Coben. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What??? Well, I guess I just got started a few years ago myself.

      Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never read Dr. Who and now I'm super curious. I love a good series. I've just gotten into the television show on BBC America, so I am MAJORLY behind. Thanks for the post. It sounds like a good read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually just managed to get myself caught up on the new series, so I'm glad you're enjoying it!

      Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  7. I've never seen or read any Dr. Who. Been told to for years but still haven't.
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I want to know what happened! Sounds interesting. Great post! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw...I was just thinking I want to watch an episode of Dr. Who but I don't know how to find it on TV/Netflicks/DVR, where ever it hides. Do you like the books and are you reading them in order?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've finally caught up on the DVDs! There are a ton of the books, and they tend to go in order of the Doctor and season, so no, I'm not reading them in order. I'm choosing some of the ones that sound the best to start with. :)

      Delete
  10. What a fun read and the cover is awesome! Hope you will have lots of fun reading it. Happy weekend and here's my Friday Meets: http://marelithalkink.blogspot.co.za/2016/09/friday-meets-23-september-2016.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never knew Dr. Who was books as well. I keep meaning to try the tv show but I never seem to find time. I will have to look for the books. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh no, kitty weeing on the furniture. Great start.
    sherry @ fundinmental <a href="http://www.fundinmental.com/friday-56-100-bb-the-intruders-by-michael-marshall-michaelmarshallFriday Memes/”</a>

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows