Skip to main content

Music Monday: Hotel Transylvania Soundtrack


Happy Monday everyone and welcome back to Music Monday! Let's share some songs we've been enjoying lately!  If you would like to play and I really hope you do, please see the rules and link up below.

Rules:

Every Monday share one or two of songs you've been enjoying lately.  It doesn't have to be a specific genre, new, or one of your favorites - just something you'd like to share with others.  If possible, share a music or lyric video of the song and your thoughts on the song(s), artist(s), and/or music video(s).

If you would like to participate in Music Monday, please join the link up by sharing your post's url.

In the last couple of weeks, I decided to sit down and watch two of the more popular animated movies at my library that I've never watched before, Hotel Transylvania and Hotel Transylvania 2.  I had a general idea of what they were about, but I didn't really know what to expect, especially in terms of humor since Adam Sandler provides the voice of Dracula.  Overall, though, I really got a kick out of both of them, and Sandler's take on Dracula is one of my favorite parts throughout.  Plus, it was fun to see as a fan of classic horror movies.  Anyway, the movies have several musically talented voices behind them and they have some pretty fun songs included (although the movies aren't musicals at all).

"The Zing Song" from Hotel Transylvania (2012) - This features the voice talents of Andy Samberg (Jonathan, the human), Selena Gomez (Mavis, Dracula's daughter), Adam Sandler (Dracula), and CeeLo Green (Murray, the Mummy).  The song is basically the end scene of the movie and it's a lot of fun.


"I'm In Love With A Monster" from Hotel Transylvania 2 (2015) - This song is also the last scene from the sequel and rather than being performed by the cast it's performed by Fifth Harmony.  I wouldn't call myself a Fifth Harmony fan, but I really loved the retro sound of this number, especially Lauren's part.  It really fits the tone of the movie.  You can hear the full song and watch Fifth Harmony's official video for the song here.




Comments

  1. I like these songs. I haven't listened to them in a while, so thanks for the reminder. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review