Monday, January 2, 2017

Music Monday: The Pretty Reckless


Happy Monday everyone and welcome back to Music Monday! Let's share some songs we've been enjoying lately!  If you would like to play and I really hope you do, please see the rules and link up below.

Rules:

Every Monday share one or two of songs you've been enjoying lately.  It doesn't have to be a specific genre, new, or one of your favorites - just something you'd like to share with others.  If possible, share a music or lyric video of the song and your thoughts on the song(s), artist(s), and/or music video(s).

If you would like to participate in Music Monday, please join the link up by sharing your post's url.

Welcome to 2017!  I can't believe it's already here!  The first band I'm spotlighting of the new year is The Pretty Reckless.  I've recently been hearing their music down quite a bit lately, especially since their newest album, Who You Selling For, released on October 21, 2016.  I didn't realize until recently that the lead singer is Taylor Momsen, aka Cindy Lou Who from How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000) with Jim Carrey!

"Take Me Down" (2016) - This is the lead single from the band's newest album.  I'm really addicted to their sound here.


Personally, I think this song would fit perfectly on Supernatural even though it's 30+ years too new!



"Heaven Knows" (2014) - This song is from the band's second studio album called Going to Hell.  I didn't realize that this was The Pretty Reckless until I started hearing it in comparison to "Take Me Down" just recently.  I liked it because it makes me think that this is what "We Will Rock You" would sound like if Joan Jett performed it!




7 comments:

  1. I love Heaven Knows, but for some reason I've never listened by anything else by The Pretty Reckless.
    I agree, Take Me Down fits soooo good with Supernatural! The lyrics are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember listening to a bit of The Pretty Reckless a few years back but I don't remember what they actually sound like! Taylor Momsen is Jenny on Gossip Girl and that's how I found the band. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never watched that show - I only remember her from How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

      Delete
  3. I've never heard of this band before but I really like their sound! It's so headbangery but also classy, you know? I'll have to listen to more of them!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a bit, but it's good and addictive isn't it. :)

      Delete
  4. I have never Heard this band. But nice n amazing bro . . :o @ mp3 music

    ReplyDelete