Skip to main content

Sci-Fi Month 2019 - Music Monday: Echosmith & Icon For Hire


Happy Monday everyone and welcome back to Music Monday! Let's share some songs we've been enjoying lately!  If you would like to play and I really hope you do, please see the rules and link up below.

Rules:

Every Monday share a few songs you've been enjoying lately.  It doesn't have to be a specific genre, new, or one of your favorites - just something you'd like to share with others.  If possible, share a music or lyric video of the song and your thoughts on the song(s), artist(s), and/or music video(s).

If you would like to participate in Music Monday, please join the link up by sharing your post's url.


Welcome to my first Music Monday post of Sci-Fi Month 2019 (Image credit: Photo by Sebastien Decoret on 123RF.com with a quote from This Is How You Lose The Time War by Amal El-Mohtar and Max Gladstone)!  This week I'm spotlighting "Lonely Generation" by Echosmith (2019) and "Off With Her Head" by Icon For Hire (2012).  I just heard Echosmith's new song a couple of weeks ago and I think it's my new favorite of their work.  It certainly has some sci-fi undertones when it comes to the lyrics alongside it's positive message.  As for that Icon For Hire number, I totally love its dark sci-fi, fantasy, horror Alice in Wonderland feel.  What are your favorites from these two bands?  Are you participating in Sci-Fi Month this year?






You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

Comments

  1. a couple of great choices. i haven't heard of either band, and i enjoyed them both. echosmith put a smile on my face with their cute, cheesy elements. when i saw her with the horse i laughed out loud and memories from my past flashed by.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming over and thanks very much for linking up with me!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE Icon for Hire! So I'd have to choose that one <3 but the Lonely Generation song is so fitting... ugh I do love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Icon for Hire too. Love how tripped out that video is :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows