Skip to main content

Sci-Fi Month 2019 - The Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings): Leviathan Wakes (The Expanse #1) by James S.A. Corey + 50/50 Friday




On Friday's I take part in three weekly link ups - The Friday 56, hosted by Freda's Voice, Book Beginnings, hosted by Rose City Reader, and 50/50 Friday is a new weekly link up and it is hosted by Carrie @ The Butterfly Reader and Laura @ Blue Eye Books. For The Friday 56, you choose a book, a book you have just finished, a book you are about to start, your current read, and share a line or a few lines that grab you (but don't spoil anything) from page 56 or 56% of the way through the ebook. Post it and share your post's url on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post. As for Book Beginnings, you share the first sentence or so and your initial thoughts, impressions, or whatever else it inspires, and then link up your post's url with Rose City Reader. Then, for 50/50 Friday, every week there's a new topic featuring two sides of the same coin - you share a book that suits each category and link up on the hosts blogs.






This week I'm spotlighting one of my Sci-Fi Month 2019 reads (Image credit: Photo by Sebastien Decoret on 123RF.com with a quote from This Is How You Lose The Time War by Amal El-Mohtar and Max Gladstone), Leviathan Wakes (The Expanse #1) by James S.A. Corey.  I've heard so many great things about this series and the tv adaptation.  I've been meaning to read this for ages and this seems like the perfect time to pick it up.

Beginning:

The Scopuli had been taken eight days ago, and Julie Mao was finally read to be shot.

56:

The enemy ship was now painting them with its targeting laser.

50/50 Friday: Favorite/ Least Favorite Book Tag

Favorite - The Captain America Book Tag - This was so much fun to put together!

Least Favorite - Bookish Book Lover Tag - Good, but a little to generic to really stand out.


What are you reading this weekend?  Have you taken part in Sci-Fi Month before?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps commenting down below!

Comments

  1. I've heard so many good things about the Expanse series, I need to give it a try! I'm hoping to finish Doomsday Book this weekend, and then I'd like to get to The Girl in Red if I can so I can return it to the library before I make a start on Station Eleven for Buzzwordathon. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I need to read both of those. Station Eleven is fantastic. :)

      Delete
  2. I've been meaning to start this series as well. I hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this book sitting in my to be read pile! My partner started watching The Expanse so I've caught glimpses of the show. I hope you enjoy it!

    Shelves of Spines

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not watched this series, or read the book, I need to look into both - sounds like something I'd enjoy. I hope it's available in the UK!

    Happy Friday! Here is my Friday post. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it is for you as well, Sassy. Thanks for coming in!

      Delete
  5. "read to be shot"? What does that mean? Capital punishment? My Friday quotes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shot? Lasers? Sounds cool!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. is anyone ever ready to be shot? LOL
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard a lot of good things about Leviathan Wakes. It looks interesting, and I like the quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bookish Book Lover Tag was one I never did because it didn't stand out enough. So I agree with you!

    Thanks for linking up and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Will you be ready for a break from sci-fi at the end of the month, or are you still enjoying it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Leviathan Wakes sounds good! I always tell myself I will participate in Science Fiction November and then I never do. One of these years perhaps. I hope you enjoy it, and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This one sounds intense. Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't read a lot of Sci-Fi, but if you're looking for something else to squeeze in this month, try How Rory Thorne Destroyed the Multiverse. :)

    Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear? 💬

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love The Expanse series so much. I haven't checked out the books, but would highly recommend the show.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That beginning definitely has my interest piqued! Thanks for sharing this one. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Enjoyed That Have Under 2000 Ratings On Goodreads