Skip to main content

Magical Readathon: Orilium - Choose Your Own Adventure: Year In Aeldia 2024 - Announcement & TBR

 

Happy Wednesday everyone! Today I'm sharing my TBR for this year's Choose Your Own Adventure: Year In Adelia.  Like last year, it's a book per month choose your own adventure style additional challenge to G. @ Book Roast's Magical Readathon.  It's totally optional and takes breaks for the month of April and August for the main event at Orilium, but for each prompt your complete you will earn ten reputation points.  I'm really glad this bonus challenge is back because it was a lot of fun last year  Without further ado, check out my plans for this new adventure - to begin "you are stuck in a dungeon and need to get out".  By the way, if everything goes as planned at the end of the year, my character will have befriended and tamed a messenger crow and have gotten a Shadow Dagger which has shadow effects and can act as a teleportation device between our plane the the Faewild!  Sounds cool to me!

Rely on your wits - listen to an audiobook (January):

My choice: Loki: A Bad God's Guide to Being Good (Loki: A Bad God's Guide #1) by Louie Stowell - I just downloaded this audiobook via Libby the other day and I'll be listening to it soon.  It sounds like a lot of fun.  Plus, Ben Willbond is the narrator so that's really cool.

Go towards the maze - mystery/ thriller (February): 

My choice: Suddenly A Murder by Lauren Munoz - One of Us is Lying meets Knives Out sounds like a good combination to me.

Remove a complex lock enchantment cast on the exit door - start/ continue a series that intimidates you (March):

My choice: Charmcaster (Spellslinger #3) by Sebastien de Castell - I've really loved this series so far and I'm nervous as to what's going to happen next.

Extra credit in Lore - title has multiple "Ls" (May):

My choice: Watching Darkness Fall: FDR, His Ambassadors and the Rise of Adolf Hitler by David McKean - This history book sounds fascination and I've heard good things about it.

Read about first recorded companions - book you've had for ages (June):

My choice: The Inscription (The MacAlpins #1) by Pam Binder - I can't resist time travel, but this has just been sitting on my shelf for way too long.

Befriend and tame a messenger crow - friend's favorite (July):

My choice: The Mummy, Ramses the Damned (Ramses the Damned #1) by Anne Rice - One of my friends likes Anne Rice, but somehow this is one of that author's that I've missed.

Inspect a dark mysterious pool on the corridor floor - scary/ dark book (September):

My choice: The Children of Red Peak by Craig DiLouie - I really enjoyed Episode Thirteen so I'm looking forward to trying more from this author.

The Faewild! Quickly hide and be stealthy  to avoid being seen - not heard people talk about recently (October):

My choice: Sword and Verse (Sword and Verse #1) by Kathy MacMillan - I remember seeing this all over the place way back in 2016, but it's been ages since I've seen it mentioned.  Anyway, I just happened to see a copy pop up at a thrift shop so I thought I'd try it.

Cast a magic portal detection spell and look around - epic/ high fantasy (November):

My choice: Last Argument of Kings (The First Law #3) by Joe Abercrombie - I'm not ready for this finale!

Attempt to pull a darkly glimmering dagger out of stone - weapon on cover (December):

My choice: Morgan is My Name by Sophie Keetch - I can't resist an Arthurian retelling and this one sounds like it will be great.


Have you read any of these books and are you planning on participating in this year long challenge?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. This looks so fun! And I love these prompts. What a cool thing! :0

    Morgan Is My Name- yes please

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Unread Books On My Shelves I Want To Read Soon

Top Ten Tuesday: Characters I'd Like To Go On Vacation With

Top Ten Tuesday: Books Set Outside Of The US