Skip to main content

Magical Readathon: Orilium - Lightfall: Old Favour Pass 2023 - Wrap Up & Mini Reviews

 Happy Wednesday everyone!  From Saturday, December 9th through Sunday, December 17th, I took part in Lightfall: Old Favour Pass 2023 as part of the Magical Readathon, hosted by G. @ Book Roast.  You can check out my original post here.  I've also followed the Novice Path, completed the Traveller's Key, have Geared Up, completed the Spring Equinox 2022, completed the August Equinox 2022, visited Old Favour Pass, been working on the Choose Your Own Adventure: Year In Aeldia challenge this year, completed the Spring Equinox 2023, and completed the Autumn Equinox 2023.  Keep reading to see my thoughts on the books I read for this challenge:

4. Smith & Friends & Sons Arcane Goods & Such - Last book you added to your want-to-read list

❋ ❋ 
Last to Leave the Room by Caitlin Starling is a solid horror sci-fi thriller.  The second half of this really pulled me in and hooked me so I'm glad I decided to stick with this. It wasn't quite what I was expecting but I liked the slow building creepiness of it even if it took its time getting there.  That said, I think I might prefer to see an onscreen adaption of this story.  That could be really cool with the right cast.

My review is also on Goodreads.

5. Occult Premonitions - Prompt based on a random tarot card

❋ ❋ 

How to Wash a Cat (The Cats and Curios Mystery #1) by Rebecca M. Hale is a novel I spotted at a library book sale and thought it sounded cute even thought cozy mysteries aren't usually my thing.  Honestly, I came for cats and stayed for the cats.  Definitely not worth returning for the rest of the series in my opinion in regards to the near non-existent mystery.

My review is also on Goodreads.


7. Owlcat Craft Cafe - Listen to an audiobook whilst crafting or craft in the title

❋ ❋ ❋ ❋ 

Hannibal (Hannibal Lecter #3) by Thomas Harris  is my first every Hannibal Lecter book.  I've seen most of the movie and tv show adaptations which I've loved for one reason or another, so it's cool to try a piece of the source material.  The author does such a good job as the narrator of this as well! I'm going to have to try more soon.

My review is also on Goodreads.


Have you read any of these books or did you taking part in this challenge?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. This looks so fun! The Starling book sounds deliciously creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read the first three books in the Hannibal Lecter series, and they are really good, although I prefer the movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know. I'll have to see what I think overall.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Enjoyed That Have Under 2000 Ratings On Goodreads

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows