Skip to main content

2024 Popsugar Reading Challenge - Update #2

  

Happy Saturday everyone and welcome to my second 2024 Popsugar Reading Challenge update with mini reviews!   In February, I completed 6 books for a total of 14 so far this year out of 50 books.  Sounds like great progress to me.  Keep reading to see my thoughts on the books I read in February:

 ❋ ❋ 
I didn't realize just how much I needed this kind Western fairytale retelling.  Six-Gun Snow White by Catherynne M. Valente really worked for me.  It's short and sweet and it's easy to read it practically in one sitting.  I wouldn't mind seeing other fairy tales given this kind of treatment.

My review is also on Goodreads.


 ❋ ❋ 
Sworn to Silence (Kate Burkholder #1) by Linda Castillo ended up being such a pleasant surprise.  I can't get over just how much I liked this series opener.  It's cool to be able to see so many real life towns and roads that I'm actually familiar with in fiction that rarely ever appear otherwise. It's primarily set in a fictional version of Holmes County, Ohio town but quite a few of the town that appear are real.  I gasped at seeing Killbuck!  I'm glad I finally decided to take the recommendations I've been getting for this series. I'm going to have to continue the series asap.

My review is also on Goodreads.


 ❋ ❋ 
I should have read Graceling (Graceling Realm #1) by Kristin Cashore 15 years ago!  Now I finally know just how much I was missing out.  I'm glad I decided to listen to it on audiobook because the production is great.  At least I know I have four more books in this world to devour.

My review is also on Goodreads.


 ❋  ❋  
I don't have much to say about You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost) by Felicia Day except that I was already a fan going in and this was fun! I'm glad I listened to the audiobook which Day herself narrated.

My review is also on Goodreads.


 ❋ 
Is it weird that I was convinced it was Sarah Wheeler for the longest time and was genuinely surprised when I realized wasn't?  That the title was actually I Kissed Shara Wheeler by Casey McQuiston.  While this was a solid read for me, I'd still say this is my least favorite book by this author.  My favorite was easily One Last Stop.

My review is also on Goodreads.


 ❋  ❋  
I was pleasantly surprised by just how much I loved I'll Be the One by Lyla Lee.  I don't follow K-Pop very much although I do enjoy watching K-dramas and movies.  I don't know much about the Korean music industry, but either way this is still feels quite accessible.  The characters really make this YA Contemporary work, especially Skye Shin herself.  She's a real breath of fresh air.  I'm glad I decided to listen to this on audiobook - Greta Jung is a great narrator.  I can't recommend this story enough.  I'll have to read more from Lyla Lee in the future.

My review is also on Goodreads.


Are you taking part in the 2024 Popsugar Reading Challenge?  Have you read any of these books?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. What a great bunch of books! I loved Graceling too, and I really want to read Felicia Day's book.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Enjoyed That Have Under 2000 Ratings On Goodreads