Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Really Love But Feel Like I Haven't Talked About In A While


Happy Tuesday everyone and welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday, a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  The theme this week is Books I Really Love But Feel Like I Haven't Talked About In A While.  The titles in my list are in no particular order, but some of them have come into my life more recently than others.  Three of them have linked reviews that appeared on Goodreads and/ or here on my blog.  Those that do not have linked reviews are linked up with the respective Goodreads page.



Doubt (Among Us Trilogy #1) by Anne-Rae Vasquez - I've read the first two books in this series which are both absolutely amazing, and I currently have the honor of assisting Anne-Rae Vasquez beta read the final book in the trilogy (as I also did with the second book).  Think Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor + City of Bones by Cassandra Clare + Fringe  + Medium + Supernatural.



Half My Facebook Friends Are Ferrets by J.A. Buckle - This was a real hidden gem!  If you like Ryan Dean from Winger by Andrew Smith, you'll want to meet Josh from Half My Facebook Friends Are Ferrets.



So You Want to Be a Wizard (Young Wizards #1) by Diane Duane - I'm a huge fan of this entire series actually (well, all except the two most recent which I still have yet to read).  If you like Harry Potter, you'll probably enjoy this series - although it is quite different and has a very different tone and takes place in an urban setting, and there isn't a magic school exactly... Just try it!



Through Wolf's Eyes (Firekeeper Saga #1) by Jane Lindskold - This series is another favorite (again, I still need to read the final book).  If you like epic fantasy with plenty of intrigue you'll probably like it, too.  Also I should mention that the main character was literally raised by wolves, and may be the lost princess.


Leave Her to Heaven by Ben Ames Williams - I just happened to stumble upon this noir originally published in 1944 and absolutely loved it - the main character, Ellen, reminds me a little of Phyllis from Double Indemnity.  And, there is a movie adaptation from 1945 (which is in Technicolor - pretty uncommon for noir, but the pop of color just adds to it) and it's pretty good, too.  The adaptation stars Gene Tierney and Richard Cornell, and it features Vincent Price (sans mustache).


He looks so young without the mustache - and a little less crazy!


The Wayfarer Redemption (The Wayfarer Redemption #1) by Sara Douglass - This whole series is another one of my favorites (all six books!) and it's well worth picking up!  I really should reread them again one day!


Divided We Fall (Divided We Fall #1) by Trent Reedy - Do you like dystopia?  How about pre-dystopia set in the very near future?


The Last Hot Time by John M. Ford - This standalone noirish urban fantasy is as good as it sounds!


Full Blooded (Jessica McClain #1) by Amanda Carlson - Really cool urban fantasy series opener featuring werewolves and shifters and an awesome leading lady!  I can't wait to read more of this series either!


All Seeing Eye by Rob Thurman - If you like Rob Thurman, you absolutely have to try her first mainstream supernatural thriller!  I really want to see more of Jackson Lee, although that probably won't be happening.


So, what do you think of my list this week?  Have you read any of the book I've mentioned?  Have I piqued your interest, or do you have any recommendations for me?  All comments are appreciated and I try to respond to everyone!

Comments

  1. I read half of Divided We Fall and had to put it aside and I've never got back to it. I am determined to do something about that. I am not familiar with the rest of the books. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you get back to it, I hope you like it. :)

      Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  2. I remember seeing the Wayfarer Redemption series a while back and thinking it looked good, but I never did read it. I should track that down, especially since I'm coming up short on fantasy lately. And full Blooded looks like a good UF.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All six books of The Wayfarer Redemption are awesome and I hope you get the chance to try it!

      Thanks for visiting. :)

      Delete
  3. Can I just copy your entire list over to my wish list?! So many great sounding books. I've been wanting to try Rob Thurman's work and Full Blooded looks like something I would really like. The Last Hot Time too. I've forever been wanting to read Through Wolf's Eyes. I even have a copy. Why haven't I read it?! So You Want to Be a Wizard is completely new to me. Definitely must check out. Thanks for sharing!

    Here's mine: http://www.literaryfeline.com/2016/03/where-is-my-bookmark-03222016.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free! :D I hope you get the chance to try all of these - first you should probably start with Through Wolf's Eyes!

      Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
    2. Yes, I was thinking that. Goodreads links would be awesome!

      Delete
  4. I don't know most of these. I'll have to check them out. Thanks for sharing :)

    Christina @ Books & Prejudice

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover of "Half my Facebook Friends are Ferrets" literally made me laugh out loud. Seriously. There were almost mashed potatoes on my monitor. That could have been dangerous!

    Lisa @ Just Another Rabid Reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! That could have been! XD

      Seriously though, it's awesome!

      Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  6. I haven't heard of any of these before - so thank you for introducing them! There are a few on here I definitely need to check out!
    http://dualreads.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/top-ten-books-i-really-love-but-feel.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IF you get to any of these, I hope you'll like it! :)

      Thanks for visiting and sharing!

      Delete
  7. Nice picks for this week! I haven't read any of the books on your list... I'll have to expand my reading horizons!!

    Here's a link to my TTT for this week:
    http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2016/03/ten-books-i-really-love-but-feel-like-i.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Facebook...Ferret cracked me up.
    sherry @ fundinmental My TT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man. I haven't read any of these, but there are some great covers in this bunch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really are, aren't there! :)

      Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  10. Sara Douglass! I read the first 3 books years and years ago and have been meaning to re-read it for so long, lol. Great list!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really want to reread the series, too. :)

      Delete
  11. I've never heard of Through Wolf's Eyes, but it sounds interesting. I may have to add it to my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll like it if you do! I seriously have no idea why it didn't get more love.

      Thanks for visiting my blog. :)

      Delete
  12. Haven't heard about any of the books but I'll look up them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I've been able to pique your interest! :)

      Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  13. All Seeing Eye looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seriously enjoyed everything Rob Thurman has written. :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  14. Haven't read any of this book but I might give So You Want to be a Wizard a try since I love harry potter !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite a bit different but it's well worth picking up. :)

      Delete
  15. I haven't read any of these, but I do own Full Blooded. Great list, I'll have to check the rest out!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it! Let me know what you think of it.

      Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  16. I haven't read any of these, but I do own Full Blooded. Great list, I'll have to check the rest out!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have not read any of these. I definitely need to get on the ball here. Going now to add some
    of these on Goodreads. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I hope you like them! :)

      Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  18. I have heard of none of those books. Sounds like I have some book research to do. The Last Hot Time, sounds like an awesome book that I would love so I am definitely checking that one out.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE the Wayfarer Redemption series. Though I don't remember reading past book four, so will have to finish them at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I hope you will love how it concludes! :)

      Thanks for visiting my blog, Sarah!

      Delete
  20. I haven't heard of any of these books, but I like the sound of Anne-Rae Vasquez's series. Thanks for the recs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should really try it - it really deserves the attention! :)

      Delete
  21. All unfamiliar reads to me, but that's what's so fun about the Top Ten Tuesday memes! Discovering potential new reads! Thanks so much for visiting Finding Wonderland, Lauren. As always. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I know I've added a lot to my tbr this week! :)

      Delete
  22. I've heard so many wonderful things about Facebook Friends... - I'm going to have to pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'd like to know what you think of it if you do! :)

      Delete
  23. The Anne-Rae Vasquez book is free at the Kindle store, Lauren. I'm going to check to see if any of the others are as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only that one, apparently, although of course there are used paper copies of some of them for a penny.

      Delete
    2. Awesome! I hope you enjoy it, Paula!

      Delete
  24. I havent read any of these, but I am always on the look out for new suggestions! :) Thanks for a fun list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome - hope you find one you like! :)

      Delete
  25. There are so many books on this list that I now want to pick up! So You Want to Be a Wizard, Divided We Fall, and The Last Hot Time all sound great. Thanks for sharing; great list!

    -Janae @ ThePerspicaciousReader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like them! Thanks for visiting my blog!

      Delete
  26. Oh my gosh! I haven't read or heard of any of these! They sound so good though. You have such a bigger range in your reading than I do. Sometimes I look at your blog and it give me the motivation to pick up those books that I normally wouldn't. Great TTT, Lauren! I'll have to check these out sometime.

    Here is my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm able to motivate you to read more widely! :)

      Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  27. Half My Facebook Friends are Ferrets looks hilarious! I'll definitely have to add that to my list. I'm intrigued by Leave Her to Heaven. I love Gene Tierney but haven't seen this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I hope you like it! Both the movie and the book for Leave Her to Heaven are great. :)

      Delete
  28. Leave Her To Heaven looks very interesting! I'm not sure how I feel about Noir fiction but I'm interested in giving it a shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great - I'd love to know what you think of it! :)

      Thanks for visiting my blog!

      Delete
  29. I haven't heard of any of these but All Seeing Eye sounds awesome! Thanks for sharing :D

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get the chance to try it! :)

      Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  30. I'm always hearing about So You Want to be a Wizard, but I've never picked it up. It sounds like a fun read!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I actually have not heard of so many of these books! I'm definitely going to have to check some of these books out!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I haven't read any of these, but I am interested in Full-Blooded. I've heard great things about it plus I love werewolves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Hope you like it! :)

      Thanks for visiting my blog!

      Delete
  33. A few of these are on my list, but I'm so sloooow about getting round to them. *hides*

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Lauren, Hope it's ok to drop by. I just wanted to say I'm so glad you enjoyed ferrets :-)

    ReplyDelete
  35. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oooh, the only one I've heard of here is Full Bodied, so I'm glad you enjoyed that one. It's always great to revisit and recommend old favourites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is! I have added quite a bit to my tbr that's for sure!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early