Skip to main content

Captain America Book Tag


I just happened to stumble upon this tag via Wendy @ Book Scents and since Steve Rogers, aka Captain America, is one of my favorite MCU characters I couldn't resist joining in!  Not to mention, I'm really excited for the release of Spider-Man: Homecoming in a couple of weeks.  On to the tag:


Steve Rogers/Captain America: a book with a big character transformation



Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling - Neville Longbottom makes one of the biggest transformations of all!



Peggy Carter: a book with a strong female protagonist


Shades of Magic by Victoria Schwab - I'm going to have to go with Lila Bard, no question!



Bucky Barnes: a book with your ultimate BROTP


Shades of Magic by Victoria Schwab - Kell and Rhy Maresh, enough said!



Howling Commandos: a book with squad goals



The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater - Who doesn't want to pal around with Blue and her Raven Boys?  By the way, that piece of Ronan fan art above is one of my favorites.



Red Skull: a book with a cliche plot


Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard - Totally a combination of The Hunger Games and X-Men and uses plenty of standard YA tropes.



Natasha Romanoff: a book with a snarky side character



Carry On by Rainbow Rowell - So many great snarky moments in this!



Sam Wilson: a book with a friendship meet cute


Jackaby by William Ritter - R.F. Jackaby and Abigail Rook have a pretty great meet up!



Winter Soldier: a book with a great twist (plot twist or retelling)


Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier - Hey, it's an oldie, but a goodie!



I’m Just A Kid from Brooklyn: a book with a memorable setting/character backstory


The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch - Camorr really jumps off the page with everything from The Five Towers to The Cauldron!



Do You Two…. Fondue?: a book with a love triangle


The Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare - I don't usually care for love triangles, but I really like what's between Will, Tessa, and Jem.



You’ve Been Asleep, Cap: a book you love with a dual timeline/time travel



Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Adventures - 10th Doctor Audio Originals - This audiobook is read by David Tennant and Catherine Tate and is an absolute must read for any Doctor Who fan!





Til The End Of The Line: a book with the OTP to end all OTPs


The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater - Ronan and Adam 100%! By the way, this artist is my favorite for fan art from The Raven Cycle.



I Had A Date: a book with a cliffhanger


Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins - The middle book in The Hunger Games trilogy has one crazy cliffhanger - still one of my favorites!



I Understood That Reference: a book with a pop culture reference



Ready Player One by Ernest Cline - Totally chock full of '80s references!


That was a lot of fun to put together, guys!  If anyone would like to join in, please feel free!

Comments

  1. Ooh you've nailed that book tag!!! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son is a great fan of Spider Man. He'll be excited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like it'll be a lot of fun! Thanks for coming over, Harvee!

      Delete
  3. Ooh Captain america tag! Nice. Love your picks- Ready Player One lol. And Catching Fire- I STILL need to read the Hunger games books...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're missing out - THG is great! Book two is actually my favorite of the three. :)

      Delete
  4. I LOVE this tag!!! Wonderful picks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun to put together, Erica! :) Thanks for coming over!

      Delete
  5. Great choices, I need to listen to the Doctor Who audio episodes. In November they are releasing some with 10 and Rose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to get my hands on them! Thanks for coming over, Skye!

      Delete
  6. I am trash at book tags. I can never think of anything. TTT is stressful enough for me. I like all the pictures and you came up with some great answers for this one.
    Sam @ WLABB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me quite awhile to come up with all of these, so it was a bit of a challenge. :)
      Thanks for coming over, Sam!

      Delete
  7. MUST PUT THIS TAG TOGETHER! :) Overall, Steve is my favorite superhero, so yeah. This tag and I would be besties. :)

    Despite its cliches, I'd like to read Red Queen, and Jackaby too! Both sound like interesting reads. Thanks for reminding me of this tag, Lauren. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woot! I'm looking forward to seeing your take on it!

      Red Queen isn't bad, it's just not that original. Jackaby on the other hand is soooo awesome! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Books I've Read For Book Riot's Read Harder Challenge