Sime I've been nominated before and nominated others then, I'll believe I'll save myself a little bit of time and simply come up with the 11 facts and answer the 11 questions supplied by Emily.
First things first! The 11 facts:
1. I felt like I hit the jackpot yesterday when I found a nickel under a gallon can of paint!
2. At the recommendation of a coworker I just started watching a Spanish television show called Grand Hotel, if you like Downton Abbey you should seriously consider watching it! Right now the first season (out of three) is available on Hulu with English subtitles for people like me who don't speak Spanish.
3. Recently purchased what I thought was a nice Halloween decoration only to discover it is now my cat's most hated enemy (even more so than the vacuum cleaner!).
4. I'm really glad I didn't live in 1935-1936 Toledo, Ohio because as a pedestrian I would have had slightly less than a 50% chance of making it home uninjured (or even still alive for that matter). According to the 1937 Toledo Traffic Planning Report, the odds wouldn't have been in my favor against automobiles.
5. The Playaway is my favorite audiobook format.
6. I don't own a smartphone.
7. My third generation iPod Nano is considered obsolete by today's standards. So obsolete that if it were a phonograph it would require a crank to play music! But it still works, so that's what matters!
8. I shouldn't be trusted with a credit card in a bookstore.
9. I like big books and I cannot lie.
10. I love taking long walks - if it isn't at least 5 miles, it's not a good walk.
11. My favorite radio station changed a few days ago and now plays a completely different type of music that I don't like.
And now on to the questions:
1. Which book world would you live in, if you could never return?
These first two are such difficult questions, but I would love to live in Harry Potter's Wizarding World!
2. Which book world would you travel to for a week before returning?
I would love to travel (or live in!) to Middle-earth! Or perhaps, I could just take a vacation to New Zealand...
3. What book have you been meaning to read forever but just not got round to?
Hot Blooded by Amanda Carlson - I loved the first installment of the series, Full Blooded, so I really need to read the sequel which has been sitting on my shelf for a little while now.
4. What book did everyone else love, but you hated?
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi - I liked a couple parts of the premise but I couldn't get into the writing style or Juliette. And Warner - don't get me started. I probably won't be returning to the series.
5. What book were you very sceptical about reading but actually loved?
I was skeptical about reading Jeeves and the Wedding Bells by Sebastian Faulks - I love the original short stories and the tv show with Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry, so I was nervous to find out if he could successfully write the characters. Turns out he could and he did it well!
6. Fictional crush?
I'm going to be consistent and say Atticus O'Sullivan from The Iron Druid Chronicles by Kevin Hearne.
7. Most perfect book ending?
I could go with quite a few here, but I'm going to mention a book that definitely deserves a lot of love and that's All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill.
8. What do you do when you're bored?
Earlier today I was feeling a little bored so I did an hour's worth of cardio...more likely though I will be reading!
9. When did you last cry, and why? (If you want to tell us!)
When I rewatched the series two finale of Doctor Who a couple of weeks ago - Rose! *sniff*
10. What's your happy song(s)?
Currently it's "The Walker" by Fitz and the Tantrums.
11. And finally, what's your sad song(s)?
"I Am Stretched On Your Grave" by Kate Rusby - I love this song and Rusby has an amazing voice, but it is a good song to feel sad to.
Thanks again for the nomination, Emily!