Skip to main content

Jackaby by William Ritter - Review


❋ ❋ ❋ ❋ 

Freshly arrived in New Fiddleham, New England, 1892, Abigail Rook is in need of a job. She meets R.F. Jackaby through his job posting for an assistant. Jackaby is a peculiar sort of detective with an eye for the supernatural and he believes Miss Rook's ability to notice ordinary, yet important details would make her an excellent candidate for the job. On her first day, she finds herself in right in the middle of a case involving a serial killer, whom Jackaby suspects is a supernatural being.

Honestly, it had me at Doctor Who meets Sherlock!


William Ritter's Jackaby is easily one of my favorite reads of the year. It's a perfect blend of everything I love from the characters, mystery, comedy, and supernatural elements. By the way, Jackaby is combination of Benedict Cumberbatch's (and a bit of Jeremy Brett's) Sherlock and David Tennant's portrayal of the Doctor with a dash of Matt Smith thrown into the mix.

I can't recommend Jackaby enough! If you haven't read it already, what are you waiting for? I am incredibly excited to see that we'll be hearing more of these characters in the future!

Final verdict:




I read this book from December 6 - 11, 2014 and my review is also on Goodreads.

Comments

  1. I've been seeing some fairly mixed things about this book, but I've had my eye on it for a while all the same.
    I'm so glad that you enjoyed it! Hopefully it won't be too long until I can pick it up too :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Books I've Read For Book Riot's Read Harder Challenge