I've been tagged by Eclectic Introspections to participate in The Taytay Book Tag. Thanks very much! Don't forget to visit the blog!
At first when I read the title of this tag, I'll admit I was a bit confused. I wasn't familiar with the tag or the nickname for that matter. I don't really follow Taylor Swift's music all that much. I know the music from listing to the radio, but personally I don't seek out her music in my spare time. None the less I will be doing this tag since it does look like fun.
1. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together - pick a book or series you were pretty sure you were in love with, but then wanted to break up with.
I really wanted to like Unbreakable by Kami Garcia. I mean, it's compared to Supernatural and Buffy the Vampire Slayer - that sounds awesome, right? Wrong. After a while, I realized I was basically reading to see if Garcia would call Lukas and Jared (really!) Sam and Dean. Just stick to watching Supernatural instead.
2. Red - pick a book with a red cover.
I know the cover of Half Bad by Sally Green isn't completely red, but I love the use of the color on this cover. The story is fantastic, too, by the way!
3. The Best Day - pick a book that makes you feel nostalgic.
The entire series, always.
4. I Knew You Were Trouble - pick a bad character you couldn't help but love.
I do like my tagger's choice with Petyr Baelish from A Song of Fire and Ice! Here is my choice of gif:
I also love Moriarty from Sherlock Holmes. Who doesn't like that character?!
Here's a gif of Andrew Scott in the role:
6. Innocent - pick a book someone ruined the ending for.
Neuromancer by William Gibson was spoiled for me quite some time before I read the story, but I still enjoyed seeing the whole story play out.
7. Everything Has Changed - pick a character from a book who goes through extensive character development.
Danny Wright from Divided We Fall by Trent Reedy goes through enormous change as he's placed right in the center of the action in this pre-dystopian. This book seriously deserves a lot of attention - it packs quite a punch!
8. You Belong With Me - pick your most anticipated book release.
Winter by Marissa Meyer. I'm counting down the days for this installment of the wonderful Lunar Chronicles.
9. Forever and Always - pick your favorite book couple.
Cress and Thorne from Cress by Marissa Meyer are an excellent pair - so much fun to read.
10. Teardrops On My Guitar - pick a book that made you cry a lot.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling is a good contender for this spot. I don't even have to count the sad moments in the actual story, but just the fact that it's the last of the series.
11. Shake It Off - Pick a book that you love so much, you just shake off the haters.
I do not understand how this spine-tingling tale by Sarah Waters only rates a 3.48 average on Goodreads because Dr. Faraday's story easily rates a full 5 from me.
12. Blank Space - pick the most over hyped book or series that didn't work for you at all.
Fallen by Lauren Kate had been recommended to me so many times that I thought I ought to try it, but I couldn't only endure 2 chapters before I gave up. It sounded like it had potential (and I think the fact the author and I share the same first name was a draw), but it just didn't work for me. Read my linked review to see my reasoning.
13. Invisible - Pick the most under hyped book or series that you think deserves the spotlight.
Doubt by Anne-Rae Vasquez of the Among Us Trilogy easily earns it's place in the spotlight and deserves a lot of love. If you like The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare, Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor, the tv shows Fringe, Supernatural, or Medium, you just might fall in love with this series, too.
14. The Story of Us - pick a couple you think should end up together.
Personally, I like the idea of Celaena Sardothian and Chaol Westfall ending up together. I really like they're current relationship as of Throne of Glass and I kind of hope something more will develop between them. And I just realized that if you do a Google image search on for Chaol Westfall this picture of Bradley James as Arthur from Merlin is one of the results. This is a nice thought...it reminds me of how much I liked that show and want to rewatch it. If only it hadn't ended after five seasons.
15. Love Story - pick a forbidden love in a book or series.
I can also really appreciate my tagger's response here with Madrigal and Akiva from Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor.
But I'm also going to go with the couple mentioned in this song - Romeo and Juliet - although I highly doubt they would have lasted as a couple...
Alright! That's the Taytay Book Tag in it's entirety. What did you think of my responses?
I tag Emily Etc., Random Smiles, and Space Between the Spines to complete this post! If anyone else would like to join in, feel free. Either way, let me know when you've finished. I would love to know your thoughts on the topic. Have fun!