Skip to main content

The Friday 56: From The Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by E. L. Konigsburg


Welcome to The Friday 56, a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice.

These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.


Jamie looked over at Claudia; he shouldn't have.  Claudia looked as satisfied as the bronze statue of the Egyptian cat she was standing near.  The only difference between them was that the cat wore tiny golden earrings and looked a trifle less smug.

[While at my local thrift shop, I spotted this classic in paperback.  Somehow, I've never read it, so I figured I better grab it while I could.]

Comments

  1. I've never read this book, but I've heard about it. I think it's time to go to the library and check it out.
    Sandy @ TEXAS TWANG

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful children's classic. I read this not too long ago and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claudia!? That's me! My name is Claudia :D I just love when I am able to find a great book my local thrift store. I actually recently purchased one of the Anne of Gables collection for my little girls :)

    Here's mine:
    Sparrow's Friday 56

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always fun to see what they have! :) It's also cool to find a book character with your own name!

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed this one. I read it a few years ago. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A cat with god earrings??!! Ok then... lol
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early