Skip to main content

Cinderella's Ball


Welcome to Cinderella's Ball - part of the celebrations for Ashley G's @ [insert title here] third blog birthday!  Her blog birthday theme is fairy tales, so what better way to celebrate that with a ball.  Today is the last day of the link up, so I'd better hurry and get going.

1. What would you wear to a fairytale ball?

I'm not much of a dress person, but I wouldn't say no to a well cut suit.  Probably something along these lines, but with a hint of color and a top hat:


 2. What shoes? (I don't mean to be tedious, but this is Cinderella's Ball.)



I have a pair of boots that are exactly like this and they are by far the best shoes I have ever worn, so I would have to go with these boots!


3. What is the most necessary accessory? 


A. Shoes!
B. Your royal signet ring.
C. Wildflowers for your hair.
D. This beauty doesn't need accessories.
E. A red cape.
F. Your crown.

Make it dark blue, forest green, or black and I probably wouldn't take it off!



Something like these perhaps:





4. What is your favorite fairytale?

There are so many great ones, but I do like Cinderella (the Grimm version) and Rapunzel, as well as Mulan.

5. At the ball, you would

A. Eat cake.
B. Dance.
C. Talk to ALL THE PEOPLE!
D. Find a nice quiet corner from which to Sherlock people.
E. Spy out your rival's resources.
F. A combination of. . .

A and D, possibly a little E.

6. You see a dwarf with his beard wedged under a boulder. He's mistreated your help before, so you


A. Leave him. He deserves it.
B. Point and laugh.
C. Steal his gold.
D. Help the little folk out.
E. Trim his beard. It's obviously a nuisance.

7. Do you know anyone who reminds you of a particular fairytale?

Not personally, but a few times at work I've seen this guy who looks like a time traveler - like straight of the the 1880s in a sharp suit of clothes with a top hat and everything.  Not something you see every day at a hardware store, where you're much more likely see guys in coveralls and/ or sweatpants being held up by suspenders...I know that's not fairy tale like really, but that's as close as I can come up with off the top of my head.

8. If someone asked to marry you when they first met you, your reaction would be

A. Um, yes. Nobody's cuter than them.
B. Depends. Do they have a lot of money? Are they a serial killer with a lot of money?
C. RUN! They're clearly a lunatic.
D. Love at first sight means wed at first sight.
E. You can't say 'yes' to everyone who asks to marry you. They should get in line.
F. You fly solo.

9. Your true love will

A. Give you a library.
B. Fetch your shoes for you.
C. Be a shallow walnut head. They're easier to manipulate.
D. Find you immortalized in a glass casket. They're too late.
E. What is this strange concept called true love?
F. Oh, right. You fly solo.

I'll get my own library, thanks!

10. Name three big events in your life, or something that took you three tries to get.


Getting into to college, grad school, and finding a job in my field - all my top choice.

11. Name something that you have seven of.

Well, right in front of me I have seven pens and pencils on my desk.

12. Who is your nemesis?

A. A step-mother
B. A giant
C. A wicked witch
D. A dwarf who's name is either unknown or impossible to enunciate without a glossary
E.  The Big Bad Wolf (Not just any wolf, The BBW)
F. That insufferable youngest step-daughter of yours

13. When you meet your nemesis, you dress

A. As formidable they.
B. Innocent and sweet.
C. Like a warrior. Let's weapon up!
D. Rags; it's all you've got.
E. Like a huntsman.
F. With the intimidating superiority of an evil queen.

14. Who are your allies?

A. Seven dwarves
B. Your fairy godmother
C. Jack the Giant-Killer
D. ALL the forest animals
E. Not to be obvious, but dragons are the way to go
F. Your prince charming. . . or knight(s) in shining armor, your preference

When I say knights, I'm thinking of these guys:


15. Do you have an retelling recs for us to either watch or read?

The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer

A Tale Dark & Grimm by Adam Gidwitz

Enchanted by Alethea Kontis

Strings by David Estes

Once Upon a Time 

Grimm

16. What is your favorite song from a Disney princess movie?


I don't know if I can choose just one, but some of my favorites are "Belle", "Under the Sea", "A Whole New World", "Prince Ali", "One Jump Ahead", "Friend Like Me", "I'll Make a Man Out of You", and "Steady as the Beating Drum".  Some of my other favorite non-princess Disney songs include "I Just Can't Wait to be King", "Topsy Turvy", "Go the Distance", and "Zero to Hero".

Comments

  1. I'm liking the suit. Very classy!

    Hm, a guy in a suit and TOP HAT (love top hats) in a hardware store? How bizarre! He does sound like a time traveler or something. I would probably be making stories in my head about him. XD

    I'll definitely have to check out some of these books. I've always wanted to watch Grimm also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Maybe I can use that guy as inspiration in future stories... :D

      I hope you'll like some of these books, and Grimm has to be one of my favorite tv shows! :)

      Delete
  2. CAPES! They're definitely my favorite part of fairytale movies (and all the other movies where the characters get to wear capes!). I'm with you on not dancing or talking to people. I'm not a social person at all and the best part of parties for me is sitting back and analyzing people like a total weirdo :D

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right - I need one to wear on a regular basis!

      You know, I have several years of tap dancing experience, but that isn't really what you're expected to bust out at a party... Anyway, I'm much more of a people watcher! :D

      Delete
  3. I don't think I've read one that didn't choose
    "RUN! They're clearly a lunatic." We would all have had something to say to the fairytale writers XD

    The guy from #7 sounds COOL. You should write a story about him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I noticed that! :D I expect it would be an interesting conversation!

      He looked pretty darn cool - I've really been thinking about writing a story about him. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early