Skip to main content

Totally Should've Book Tag


I've been tagged to do the Totally Should've Book Tag by Books By Jay.  Her blog is great - everyone should go check out her site!  Anyway, this tag looks pretty fun, so let's get started!

1. Totally should've gotten a sequel


I need a sequel for Zero World by Jason M. Hough! That book is absolutely amazing and deserves book two.  There is so much more that I want to see explored in that unique world.  Of course, this book came out this past August, so I have hope that there could be more in the future.

2. Totally should've had a spin off series


I would love to see a Harry Potter spin off for the Marauders!

3. An author who should totally write more books


I'm going to have to agree with Jay and say that Becky Albertalli should write more books just based on the strength of Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda.  I don't care what she writes I just need more of her work in my life.

4. A character who totally should've ended up with someone else


Spoilers, but Tessa Gray from Cassandra Clare's The Infernal Devices should have ended up with another character.

5. Totally should've ended differently


I felt duped after listening to all of Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia.  I mean, I listened to the whole story just to make it to that ending.  It honestly turned me off of the rest of the series.

6. Totally should've had a movie franchise


The Monstumologist series by Rick Yancey

7. Totally should've had a TV show 


The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer

8. Totally should've had only one point of view


I have to agree with Jay again and go with Allegiant by Veronica Roth.

9. Totally should have a cover change



The Beetle by Richard Marsh - I read this gothic horror novel for a class once and it was excellent and the best kind of insane.  It was released in 1897, the same year as Dracula and was initially more popular at the time.  I would love to see a cover that actually kind of reflects what it's about, or at least gives me the idea that I'm about to be jumping into pulpy horror rather than a bland historical fiction novel.

10. Totally should've stopped at book one



The Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld

11. Totally should've kept the original covers 




The Curse Workers series by Holly Black - I'm still mad about the cover for Black Heart, and then they had to go and redesign the first two to match up with it...why?!?!


Tag! You're It!

Anna @ Enchanted by YA

Elena @ Elena Square Eyes

Emily @ Ink, Inc.

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

Thomas @ Intro to Blurb

Tracy @ Cornerfolds

Comments

  1. Ayeee, this was such a good response, and I love the whole idea behind the tag!! I agree with a lot of these choices; Alleigant would have been 100% better if it was only told from one viewpoint.

    Thanks for the tag too! :) Means a lot - will definitely make a blog and let ya' know soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got some great picks here! Everytime I hear about Zero World on your blog, I want to read it more and more!I actually never read Allegiant just because I heard so many bad things and was spoiled for the ending.

    Thanks for the tag Lauren! I'll be sure to do it soon! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't wait to hear what you think of Zero World! Allegiant's not too bad aside from the last bit, really...

      Looking forward to your answers!

      Delete
    2. I've always been on the fence about reading it. It's been so long since the second book, that I might have to reread it.

      Delete
  3. What a great tag and great picks! I wish the Lunar chronicles had a show too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe some day we'll get one! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I would do just about anything for a spin-off series based on the marauders O.o we have new Harry Potter being released but I would be most excited to see that! Also I have to agree about Allegiant - it would have been much better in 1 POV (though there would be many other changes needed to make me personally enjoy it XD) Great post and thanks for the tag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome - I'm looking forward to your post! :)

      Agree about Allegiant - that's just one step.

      Delete
  5. I would LOVE to read more about the Marauders! Although, that said, it would potensh be a bit upsetting? Because when you see Snape's Pensevie, James and Sirius are quite horrible and I'm not sure whether I'd want to read through all that. And reading about Peter would just be awful. Remus, though, he'd make up for them <33

    Thanks for tagging me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true - but like you said I think Remus would more than make up for them. :)

      Delete
  6. A Marauders spinoff would be amazing! Also, I think, heartbreaking, since we know how it ends. And I second your plans for a Monstrumologist movie franchise! I've only read the first book but it was sooooooo good! It's funny because every post I see of this tag it seems everyone agrees that Allegiant only needed one POV, haha. But, yeah, it did. Love your answers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early