Skip to main content

Sunday Funday: Book Haul


I really lucked out this week when I won a Barnes and Noble gift card and since I had some time off yesterday, I thought I would take advantage of it while I was out on the town.  I stopped by a big Barnes and Noble that I had never been to before, and it was absolutely packed!  There were hardly any spaces left in the parking lot.  Turns out they were hosting a school book fair event this weekend, so that explains some of it.  Either way, I was able to get my hands on three new books that I've really been looking forward to reading!


A Criminal Magic by Lee Kelly - I'm really the most excited for this one!  I was pleasantly surprised by Kelly's debut novel last year, City of Savages, which was one of my favorite reads of 2015.  And, this sounds just plain awesome -an alternate Prohibition Era with illegal magic that's been billed as The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern meets Peaky Blinders!


Revenge and the Wild by Michelle Modesto - This one made my list of 2016 debuts to try and it sounds really intriguing.  I was definitely in the mood for more YA Western, and you could say this somewhat fits the bill, although it sounds like it has plenty of steampunk elements.


Drake (The Burned Man #1) by Peter McLean - This sounds like it's going to be an epic dark urban fantasy noir!  Just what I needed - and, look at that eye-popping cover!  Hopefully, it will be the great beginning of a new series.

Anyway, I was pretty pleased with myself when I walked out of the store for finding three books I've been looking forward to reading, and keeping myself perfectly within the gift card's limits.  I was hoping to pick up Passenger by Alexandra Bracken, too, but unfortunately the store was completely out of stock of that one.  Oh, well, perhaps, I can pick it up another day.

Comments

  1. Oh wow! Congrats on winning the gift card :D I hope you enjoy the books. I can't wait to hear what you think about A Criminal Magic because the synopsis has me interested into possibly picking it up
    Enchanted by YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm not sure when I'll be getting to it, but I am beyond excited!

      Delete
  2. You never cease to surprise me with your hauls! I've never heard of any of these, but they look good! All the covers are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant haul - I'm having a case of severe-book envy right now. The cover on Drake looks absolutely stunning; might have to check that out for myself aha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm hoping it'll be just as good as it looks. :)

      Delete
  4. Love the cover of Drake! Sounds good. Tell us what you think.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early