Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Want To Be Adapted Into Movies Or TV Shows

 

Happy Tuesday everyone!  Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday which is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.  This week's topic is Authors I've Met, but I've decided to feature recent books I've enjoyed that I would love to see adapted to the big or small screen.  Without further ado, here we go in alphabetical order by title:

The Amberglow Candy Story (The Night Alley #1) by Hiyoko Kurisu - I need to see this as a tv series - live action would be great, but animated would be nice too - whatever works.  I wouldn't even mind if the adaptation would further add some more stories just so I could see some more of Kogetsu's experiments and his friend Akifumi as well.

Another Kind by Trevor Bream and illustrated by Cait May - Please, I just want to spend some more time with these delightful kids and a tv adaptation would be a brilliant way to do that!

Beth is Dead by Katie Bernet - I've seen quite a few Little Women adaptations, but I'd really like to see this YA contemporary mystery thriller adapted too.  It would be so unique.

Book and Dagger: How Scholars and Librarians Became the Unlikely Spies of World War II by Elyse Graham - I would love to see some of the stories of the real heroes in this nonfiction book brought to life on the big screen one day.

Colin Gets Promoted and Dooms the World by Mark Waddell - I think this standalone fantasy horror with a great sense of humor could make a great movie. I'd like to meet Dark Enterprises onscreen.  If you like the idea of Wolfram & Hart from Angel meets Lumon Industries from Severance, you might want to check out this book.

How Bad Can Things Get by Darcy Coates - I wouldn't mind seeing several of this author's books adapted, but I think this horror thriller would be a great place to start with them.  Also, if you're wondering about the title - the answer is pretty darn bad!

Into the Drowning Deep (Rolling in the Deep #1) by Mira Grant - Please, I need more ocean/ mermaid horror on my screen - big or small!

The Liar of Red Valley by Walter Goodwater - I would love to watch a full tv miniseries adaptation of this standalone urban fantasy horror.  It could be extremely entertaining to see see how they adapt certain elements of the story.

The Tainted Cup (Ana and Din Mysteries #1) by Robert Jackson Bennett - Please, I need to see this fantasy mystery series adapted into a tv show.

Welcome to the Hyunam-dong Bookshop by Hwang Bo-Reum - I need more movies that feel like a warm hug, and this could be just the ticket.


Have you read any of these books?  What would you like to see get adapted?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. Oh right. I keep forgetting to read Welcome to the Hyunam-Dong Bookshop. I've head good things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got Welcome To The Hyunam Dong Bookshop on my list of books to read!

    Maybe one day some of these will be picked to be made into films/TV series!

    Have a great week!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2026/09/15/top-ten-tuesday-last-ten-5-star-reads/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great list and quite a few have caught my eye, particularly Beth is dead. I love it when I read a book and can see how it'd translate to TV or film!

    https://sarahcollinsbookworm.wordpress.com/2026/09/15/top-ten-tuesday-authors-ive-met/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I would love to see Beth is Dead adapated! It was such an intense read, so many twists and turns.
    Here's my TTT for the week: https://readbakecreate.com/c-author-names-alphabet-challenge/

    ReplyDelete
  5. There’s so many great books that could be adapted instead of the same ones over and over again.
    Thanks for sharing your #TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another Kind looks like a good book. Have a good week and a good day. Here is my TTT. https://dmhoisington.wordpress.com/2026/09/15/top-ten-tuesday-41-the-authors-i-want-to-meet/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you get films out of all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy TTT to you!! I like your twist for this week's theme. I have read and reviewed several books written by Darcy Coates, but not the one you have mentioned in your post. I will need to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday: Murder Ballads

Summer or Horror 2026 - Top Ten Tuesday: Horror Locations I Really Don't Want To Visit

Summer or Horror 2026 - Top Ten Tuesday: Goodreads Choice Awards Horror Nominees I Still Want To Read