On Fridays, I participate in the weekly linkup called Friday Book Snippets, co-hosted by Anne @ HeadFullofBooks and Olivia @ Bemused and Bookish. The directions for are pretty simple. Share two snippets (a sentence or short paragraph) from a. the book's beginning and b. page 56 (or another page) in the book you are currently reading. No spoilers, please. Join the fun every Friday. Previously, this was The Friday 56 hosted by Anne @ HeadFullofBooks and Rose City Reader.
Happy Friday everyone! This week I'm spotlighting one of my SeasonAthon Academy Semester Five books, The Great Train Robbery by Michael Crichton. It's been awhile since I've read a Michael Crichton book, but this does sound intriguing.
Forty minutes out of London, passing through the rolling green fields and cherry orchards of Kent, the morning train of the South Eastern Railway attained its maximum speed of fifty-four miles an hour.
56:
Even less common was badger-baiting.
Are you participating in this challenge? Have you read this book? As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting below!


Badger-baiting? Is that what I think it is?
ReplyDeleteBadger-baiting doesn't sound good to me ...
ReplyDeleteI hope you enjoy it, this is one Crichton book I havent read yet.
ReplyDeleteI love Michael Crichton’s books, but I haven’t read this one. I’ll enjoy reading your review. Thanks for joining us!
ReplyDelete