Skip to main content

Hawkeye, Vol. 1 by Matt Fraction - Review


❋ ❋ ❋  

Clint Barton is Hawkeye, a fantastic archer and a member of the Avengers. Aside from the Marvel Cinematic Universe, I don't know much about his character, but I liked where they went with him in Age of Ultron. I'd heard so many good things about this new story that I really wanted to check it out. And, as it turns out, the action is so much fun and the sense of humor is right on target.

I loved that, for the most part, each issue started out with some variation of: "Okay, this looks bad." Followed up by a panel that goes something like this:


Then, there's always an undercurrent of absurdity with his skill set like:



I can't forget to mention the artwork that brings it all to life. There are several talented illustrators who lend their talents to Matt Fraction's text. Of all of them, I believe David Aja's contributions were my favorite overall. You can't go wrong with a good car chase scene:


There's so much to like about Matt Fraction's current Hawkeye series! I honestly didn't want to put it down, and I'm really looking forward to reading the next volume.


I read this graphic novel from December 10 - 11, 2015 and my review is also on Goodreads.

Comments

  1. Glad to see you enjoyed it! "This looks bad..." is one of the best parts of the story. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I nominated you for the Liebster Award! I enjoy your blog. It's one of my favorites.
    You can follow this link here to lean more http://wonderstruck-kcks.blogspot.com/2015/12/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early