Friday, December 25, 2015

Hawkeye, Vol. 1 by Matt Fraction - Review


❋ ❋ ❋  

Clint Barton is Hawkeye, a fantastic archer and a member of the Avengers. Aside from the Marvel Cinematic Universe, I don't know much about his character, but I liked where they went with him in Age of Ultron. I'd heard so many good things about this new story that I really wanted to check it out. And, as it turns out, the action is so much fun and the sense of humor is right on target.

I loved that, for the most part, each issue started out with some variation of: "Okay, this looks bad." Followed up by a panel that goes something like this:


Then, there's always an undercurrent of absurdity with his skill set like:



I can't forget to mention the artwork that brings it all to life. There are several talented illustrators who lend their talents to Matt Fraction's text. Of all of them, I believe David Aja's contributions were my favorite overall. You can't go wrong with a good car chase scene:


There's so much to like about Matt Fraction's current Hawkeye series! I honestly didn't want to put it down, and I'm really looking forward to reading the next volume.


I read this graphic novel from December 10 - 11, 2015 and my review is also on Goodreads.

4 comments:

  1. Glad to see you enjoyed it! "This looks bad..." is one of the best parts of the story. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I nominated you for the Liebster Award! I enjoy your blog. It's one of my favorites.
    You can follow this link here to lean more http://wonderstruck-kcks.blogspot.com/2015/12/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete