Skip to main content

The Christmas Tag



I recently saw this wonderfully festive tag by Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense and knew I had to complete it.  Without further ado, I'll jump straight into the tag.

What's your favorite Christmas movie?


I've always enjoyed A Christmas Carol - my favorite version is the film from 1951 starring Alastair Sim as Ebeneezer Scrooge.  I also can't get enough of The Nightmare Before Christmas - it's great for Halloween and Christmas - and Christmas Vacation is so funny.



Do you open presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?

Sometimes mom would let me open one early on Christmas Eve, but for the most part it's always in the morning.

Do you have a favorite Christmas memory?

I would say it's the looks on friends faces when they open an awesome gift that I found for them.

Favorite Christmas food?

I love my grandmother's homemade stuffing.  I could eat it all day - and the gravy that goes along with it is special, too.

Favorite Christmas gift?

Two gifts stand out to me in particular - a sled and a bike.  I didn't receive them the same year, but both were a lot of fun.

Favorite Christmas scent?

Christmas tree and/or pumpkin pie.

Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?

When I was really little we used to do a few things: we'd have a Christmas paper chain counting beginning at the first of December until Christmas morning, set out cookies and milk for Santa, a bucket of feed out in the barn for the reindeer, read 'Twas the Night Before Christmas, and then ring the jingle bells on the upstairs doorknob just before bed.

What tops your tree?

It's an angel made of a bell - we picked it up at a craft show a few years ago.

As a kid, what was the one (crazy, wild, extravagant) gift you always asked for and never received?

Well a neighbor of our had horses, so I wanted a horse for a while.  I wasn't all that broken up about it, since I wasn't really serious about it.  But it would have been so cool to have gotten a horse...

What's the best part about Christmas for you?

Aside from giving and receiving gifts, seeing family etc., one of my favorite parts has always been decorating the tree.


I tag anyone who would like to complete this tag, but you better hurry because you only have 2 days left!



Comments

  1. Yes to pumpkin pie! Giving gifts is one of my favorite things about Christmas. Grandmas just make really great food in general. Hope you have a wonder Christmas, Lauren!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Books I've Read For Book Riot's Read Harder Challenge