Skip to main content

The Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings): A Dowry of Blood (A Dowry of Blood #1) by S.T. Gibson

         

  

On Friday's I take part in two weekly link ups - The Friday 56, hosted by Freda's Voice (Anne @ My Head Is Full of Books is currently managing hosting duties), and Book Beginnings, hosted by Rose City Reader.  For The Friday 56, you choose a book, a book you have just finished, a book you are about to start, your current read, and share a line or a few lines that grab you (but don't spoil anything) from page 56 or 56% of the way through the ebook. Post it and share your post's url on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post. As for Book Beginnings, you share the first sentence or so and your initial thoughts, impressions, or whatever else it inspires, and then link up your post's url with Rose City Reader. 

Happy Friday everyone!  This week I'm spotlighting one of my one of my Beat The Backlist 2024 books, A Dowry of Blood (A Dowry of Blood #1) by S.T. Gibson.  I've heard a lot of great things about this and it sounds like I'll love it.

Beginning: 

I never dreamed it would end like this, my lord: your blood splashing hot flecks onto my nightgown and pouring in rivulets onto our bedchamber floor.  But creatures like us live a long time.  There is no horror left in this world that can surprise me.  Eventually, even your death becomes its own sort of inevitability.

56:

"The symptoms don't always progress in the same way, but they set in quickly."


Are you taking part in this challenge?  Have you read this book?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. Such a tempting excerpt. I want to know more! Here's mine: BOOKISH FRIDAY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a huge horror fan, so I'd probably give this one a miss. Thank you for sharing it, though! Stop by and see my Friday 56!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's quite an opening! I am intrigued and hope you are enjoying it! Have a great weekend, Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book seems to be full of surprises. I hope it is as good as ts quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great beginning! I'm intrigued for more. Hope you have a wonderful week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That opening is WOW. I was already looking forward to reading this before, but I'm DEFINITELY going to pick this up now. Happy reading!! <3

    aimee @ aimee can read

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Enjoyed That Have Under 2000 Ratings On Goodreads

Top Ten Tuesday: Books Set Outside Of The US

Top Ten Tuesday: Characters I'd Like To Go On Vacation With