Skip to main content

Beat The Backlist 2026 - July Update

Happy Wednesday everyone!  Today I'm sharing my sixth update for my June progress for the year long Beat The Backlist 2026 reading challenge, hosted by Austine Decker.  You can see my original tbr here.  In June, I completed 2 books for a total of 17 read so far out of 24 total books on my tbr.  7 to go!  Without further ado, keep reading to see my thoughts on the books I read in July:

19. oh the places you will go: place name in the title

I definitely skipped around with This Realm of England, 1399 to 1688 (A History of England #2) by Lacey Baldwin Smith to check out the sections of times and events I found myself more interested in, but overall this textbook is a slog. I probably would have given it 2 stars if it weren't for a previous owner's notes and commentary in the margins. Sometimes that actually held my attention more than the rest of the book.

My review is also on Goodreads and The StoryGraph.


23. title starts with "L": book title starts with the letter "L"

 
The Legacies by Jessica Goodman is a YA mystery thriller that had been on my shelf since it was practically new.  I'm glad I finally checked it off my tbr even if it wasn't a favorite.  It's fine, but it wasn't nearly as engaging or as memorable as I was hoping for.  I do hope try more from the author in the future because there is potential with this standalone.

My review is also on Goodreads and The StoryGraph.


Are you participating in this challenge?  Have you read these books?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick - Review

The Upside Down Readathon - Wrap Up & Mini Reviews

Top Ten Tuesday: 2015 Releases I Meant To Get To But Didin't