Skip to main content

Magical Readathon: Orilium - Choose Your Own Adventure: Year In Aeldia 2026, The Boardgame - July Update

Happy Wednesday everyone! Today I'm sharing my thoughts on the book I read in Junly for Choose Your Own Adventure: Year In Adelia 2026, The Boardgame, an additional challenge to G. @ Book Roast's Magical Readathon.  You can see my full tbr here.  Without further ado, check out my mini review below:

July - 7B - Read whilst on watch (a bit on edge after those traps, who set them up? Best stay on a watch before getting some sleep, good thing you have a great tome with you) - read this book entirely in the PM hours

❋ 
Jack of Kinrowan (Jack of Kinrowan #1-2) by Charles de Lint was good and although I know it's two books in this volume I don't think it needed to be quite as long as it is. Plus, there were like 20 blank pages at the very end of the book, and that's always annoying to me. I did like getting to know the faerie world here and how it works into the modern world. That was pretty good. I might have to check out more books by this author in the future to see what they're like.

My review is also on Goodreads and The StoryGraph.


Next Month:

August - 8B - Use Truelight (the darkness here is all consuming, it's dimming your light spells, the torch goes out, even your thoughts are turning against you.  You've read that only Truelight works under these mountains, luckily you've been gifted some and it's time to activate it) - read a book with a world "light" in the title

My choice: Spiderlight by Adrian Tchaikovsky - Well, this looks and sounds a bit creepy for this particular prompt. 


Are you participating in this challenge?  Have you read these books?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick - Review

Top Ten Tuesday: 2015 Releases I Meant To Get To But Didin't

The Upside Down Readathon - Wrap Up & Mini Reviews