Happy Sunday Funday and welcome to my eighth weekly update for
Summer of Horror 2026 (my fourth of July), a celebration of all things horror running from June through August and hosted by
Tammy @ Books, Bones & Buffy. I made some more progress on my tbr and watchlist! We're almost to August - wow! Keep reading to see what I've gotten up to since last week.
My Summer of Horror This Week:
What I've Watched This Week:
❋ ❋.5
Under Paris wasn't a good movie and it was pretty ridiculous, but I did like the ending. I wasn't expecting that at all. Good for those sharks, you know. Also, I was trying to figure out where I'd seen the main actress and it finally hit me that she played Christiana, Jocelyn's handmaid, in
A Knight's Tale.
❋ ❋ ❋ ❋ ❋
I had no expectations for
Dead Talents Society, but I absolutely loved this. The Lucky Hotel Team are a delightful found family. I need them to meet Adam, Barbara, and Lydia from
Beetlejuice asap. I hope this becomes a series because I would definitely watch more.
❋
Just skip
Goodnight Mommy (2022) and watch the original movie. Also, why did they cast older kids to play Elias and Lukas?
❋ ❋ ❋ ❋.5
Forever Knight (Season 2) - So far I've watched the first four episodes and it reminded me of how much I love this show and the characters. I can't wait to watch the rest!
Episode 1: It's fun to return to this show and this was a great season opener. I've missed seeing Nick, Don, and Natalie on my screen. I can't believe LaCroix is back - he's one tough, old cookie!
❋ ❋ ❋ ❋ ❋
Episode 2: This is one of my top episodes. Jannette really gets to shine in this episode and we learn a good deal more about her as well. I do have to say Nick should have been able to read the room a bit better though!
Episode 3: Okay, this is another favorite. It's hilarious and I loved that instead of the regular flashbacks with Nick we get him imagining himself as Christian, the lead vampire character in The Denied by Emily Weiss. Even better Schanke and Natalie are reading the book too and imagining themselves in roles as well.
❋ ❋ ❋ ❋
Episode 4: Hey, I love stuff like this - Jack the Ripper is a vampire and an Irish Interpol detective who's also a vampire hunter (who nearly got turned as a kid)! I wouldn't mind seeing Chief Inspector Liam O'Neal again in the future.
What I Read This Week:
❋ ❋ ❋
Spoiled Milk by Avery Curran is a book I was really looking forward to and while some elements really worked for me, others didn't. The atmosphere and setting are great and are probably the strongest part of the story for me, and I liked the writing style of the author as well. As for the characters, it was bit tough to keep track of the who's who and some of them were a little too irritating to get fully invested in them. It's not bad, but I also wish the plot of the novel was tighter. All that said, I wouldn't mind seeing what this author does in the future.
The Liar of Red Valley by Walter Goodwater - I'm about a quarter of the way through this and I'm hooked. This is pretty unique and I can't wait to see what happens at the end.
Are you participating in this challenge? Have you read any of these books or watched these movies and shows? As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!
Comments
Post a Comment