Skip to main content

Book Riot's Read Harder Challenge 2026 -

Happy Friday everyone!  I hope everyone's had a good August.  This year is really flying by, isn't it!  I've now completed 16 tasks for Book Riot's 2026 Read Harder Challenge.  The tasks I completed in August required me to read/try a recipe from a cookbook about a culture whose food you’ve never eaten and a book by a librarian.  I selected FUSÃO: Untraditional recipes inspired by Brasil by Ixta Belfrage and A World Worth Saving by Kyle Lukoff respectively.  Read on to see my mini reviews and my plans for next month: 

FUSÃO: Untraditional recipes inspired by Brasil by Ixta Belfrage  has some great photography. Honestly, I can say I was much more interested in the history and culture segments than the actual recipes. I already know that I won't be making any of the recipes in this book though.  Let me just say, I have no idea where I'd get some of the regular ingredients for these dishes anywhere near me without driving an hour or so one way to buy them.

My review is also on Goodreads and The StoryGraph.


 
A World Worth Saving by Kyle Lukoff was a great standalone MG fantasy.  I don't often have the chance to read books featuring Jewish folklore, so I'd definitely like more of that in the future.  Anyway my one real complaint with this novel is that I wish A's character growth arc was over the course of a much longer time frame within the story because as it is it feels a bit rushed.  I'll have to check out more from this author in the future.

My review is also on Goodreads and The StoryGraph.


Next Up For September:

Read a nonfiction book about AI or social media


My choice: Accountable: The True Story of a Racist Social Media Account and the Teenagers Whose Lives It Changed by Dashka Slater - This is another one I've been eyeing at the library. Plus, I've really liked this author's work so far.

Read a book by an intersex author

My choice: Sorrowland by Rivers Solomon - I've been meaning to read more from Solomon for ages now.


Are you taking part in this challenge?  Have you read these books?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer or Horror 2026 - Top Ten Tuesday: Goodreads Choice Awards Horror Nominees I Still Want To Read

Summer or Horror 2026 - Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Horror Covers

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Was Reading On This Day Over the Last Ten Years