Skip to main content

Summer of Horror - Books From The Backlog: Emma and the Vampires by Jane Austen & Wayne Josephson

.

    

Happy Thursday everyone! Welcome back to Books from the Backlog, the weekly linkup I'm taking part of which is hosted by Carole's Random Life in Books.  This is a great way to put a spotlight on books that I've had sitting on my shelf for awhile.  I don't know when I'll get to my weekly featured book, but I hope to some time hopefully soon.  This week, in honor of Summer of Horror 2026, a celebration of all things horror running from June through August and hosted by Tammy @ Books, Bones & Buffy, I'm featuring a horror novel.

This Week's Neglected Book:

Emma and the Vampires by Jane Austen & Wayne Josephson

Published: June 9, 2010

Genre: Historical fantasy horror classic retelling

My Copy:

Format: Paperback

Pages: 292

Where I Acquired It: A library book sale

Summary (From Goodreads):

What better place than pale England to hide a secret society of gentlemen vampires? In this hilarious retelling of Jane Austen's Emma , screenwriter Wayne Josephson casts Mr. Knightley as one of the most handsome and noble of the gentlemen village vampires. Blithely unaware of their presence, Emma, who imagines she has a special gift for matchmaking, attempts to arrange the affairs of her social circle with delightfully disastrous results. But when her dear friend Harriet Smith declares her love for Mr. Knightley, Emma realizes she's the one who wants to stay up all night with him. Fortunately, Mr. Knightley has been hiding a secret deep within his unbeating heart-his (literal) undying love for her... A brilliant mash-up of Jane Austen and the undead.

Why Did I Add It?

Some of these classic retellings have been pretty fun.  I've seen mixed reviews of this one and for 25 cents, I thought I'd take a chance.


Are you participating in Summer of Horror?  Have you read this or would you read it?  Would you recommend it to me?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. This does sound like fun, and since Emma is one of my favorite Austen stories, I might check it out😁

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick - Review

Top Ten Tuesday: 2015 Releases I Meant To Get To But Didin't

Summer or Horror 2026 - Top Ten Tuesday: Goodreads Choice Awards Horror Nominees I Still Want To Read