Happy Saturday everyone! Today I'm sharing my plans for the SeasonAthon Academy Semester Five which is hosted by Completely Melanie, with cohosts BookAndBuJo and AStar Reads. I participated in SeasonAThon's Spring Into Reading Athon 2026, but this will be my first time participating in SeasonAthon Academy. This round will run through all of September and all of the prompts are themed to college coursework to earn your "Bachelor of Reading." There are five required courses (some of which have multiple prompt options) and one group book which you can elect to use to complete one of your courses. Without further ado, here are my plans for each prompt:
SOC 2500 - Social Statistics - Read a book with STEM
My choice: Dead Iron (Age of Steam #1) by Devon Monk - This is a steampunk western, so I'd say this definitely counts as a stem read.
My choice: The Three Lives of Alix St. Pierre by Natasha Lester - It looks like this is mainly set in Paris. One of my friends gave me this awhile ago, so it will be good to finally check it off my tbr.
My choice: The Murder Game by Carrie Doyle - This YA mystery thriller sounds like it will be something else.
ANTH 1400 - Archaeology - Read a book that came out before you were born.
My choice: The Great Train Robbery by Michael Crichton - My particular copy was released in 1994, but the novel was originally published in 1975 so I'd say this still counts!
Are you participating in this challenge? Have you read any of these books? As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!
Group Book:
Half City (Harker Academy #1) by Kate Golden - I actually own a copy of this so I was really excited to see this was the group book. It sounds like it will be a lot of fun! I think I'll use this as just the group book and select five totally different books for the other tasks.
Required Courses:
ENGL 3340: Shakespeare - Read a book written in verse
My choice: Blood Water Paint by Joy McCullough - I've been eyeing this at the library for ages and this give me a great excuse to finally read it.
SOC 2500 - Social Statistics - Read a book with STEM
FLNG 4210 – Advanced Foreign Language 4 – Read a book set in a different country from your own
BIOL 1050 - Life on Earth - Read a book set in our real world
ANTH 1400 - Archaeology - Read a book that came out before you were born.
Are you participating in this challenge? Have you read any of these books? As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!






I have wanted to read Half City for a while. I hope you enjoy it, and good luck with the challenge!
ReplyDelete