Happy Friday everyone! Today I'm sharing my ninth update for my September progress for the year long Beat The Backlist 2026 reading challenge, hosted by Austine Decker. You can see my original tbr here. In September, I completed 1 book for a total of 19 read so far out of 24 total books on my tbr. 5 to go! Without further ado, keep reading to see my thoughts on the book I read in September:
21. the most beautiful cover: the art on this book cover stands above the rest to you
❋
The original book, The Phantom of the Opera novel, the movies, and the musical are some of my favorite things. That said, this YA reimagining, Phantom Heart (Phantom Heart #1) by Kelly Creagh, did not work at all for me for a lot of different reasons but the main reason is that the characters don't have any chemistry in any way and are hard to keep separate. I feel like I should rewatch the musical adaptation or another one soon to recover.
My review is also on Goodreads and The StoryGraph.
Are you participating in this challenge? Have you read this book? As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!


Comments
Post a Comment