Skip to main content

Blur (Blur Trilogy #1) by Steven James - Review


❋ ❋ ❋ 

A small Wisconsin town is shocked when a high school freshman girl's body is found in the lake. Like everyone else, Daniel, a fellow student, thought her death was accidental, but at her funeral he sees a horrifying vision of her that leads him to believe that it wasn't. He's convinced her appearance wasn't just a hallucination and he quietly begins to look into her death, even though he's having an increasingly difficult time knowing what's real and what isn't in his new blurred reality.

One of my coworkers recommended this novel by Steven James. She had never read the author and was pleasantly surprised when she stumbled upon Blur. She said it was a mystery that would be right up my alley. And, she was right! I really enjoyed this first novel of a trilogy. This clever mystery novel is so filled with suspense that it kept me turning these pages non-stop. The best part is that the characters are so well-developed. Daniel and most of the supporting cast, like his best friend Kyle, seem so life-like and multifaceted. I liked getting an inside look at Daniel's thought process and observing his struggles as he's dealing with his new reality. Overall, if you like twisty-turny psychological thrillers with an engaging mystery and a great cast, Blur is for you.



I read this novel from November 8 - 11, 2015 and my review is also on Goodreads.

Comments

  1. I've never heard of this, but it sounds really good! I'm a sucker for a good psychological thriller, so I may give this one a try. Thanks for reviewing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised it's not more popular than it is! It deserves more love. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows