Skip to main content

The Girl in the Spider's Web (The Millennium Series #4) by David Lagercrantz - Review


❋ ❋ ❋ 

One night Mikael Blomkvist gets a call from a source regarding important info to the US. The source also claims to have been in contact with a female hacker - one that Blomkvist knows well. In need of a story for his magazine, he turns to Salander for help, who like usual has her own agenda. The implications of the information are staggering and the secret they both end up chasing leads them into a web of spies, cybercriminals, and world governments. And, it looks like someone is willing to kill to protect this secret.

In the past, I greatly enjoyed The Millennium Trilogy by Stieg Larrson. Even the Swedish movie adaptations were fantastic. When I first heard about this new installment being continued by a new author, I was most definitely intrigued regardless of the situation behind it's publication. Salander and Blomkvist rank as some of my favorite characters, so I couldn't wait to see what another author would make of them. As it turns out, The Girl in the Spider's Web is actually acts as a decent standalone mystery. I doubt you would be at much of a loss if you weren't already familiar with the previous novels. When I say it stands well on it's own, I mean there's pretty minimal use of the characters I know and love, but when they do appear they do so in full force. The only thing that could have made this better is if there were more Salander and Blomkvist. I am actually looking forward to seeing Lagercrantz continue this series.


I read this book from October 22 - 25, 2015 and my review is also on Goodreads.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag