Skip to main content

Music Monday: Chris Jones & The Night Drivers


Happy Monday everyone and welcome to my seventh Music Monday! Let's share some songs we've been enjoying lately! If you would like to play and I really hope you do, please see the rules and link up below.

Rules:

 Every Monday share one or two of songs you've been enjoying lately.  It doesn't have to be a specific genre, new, or one of your favorites - just something you'd like to share with others.  If possible, share a music or lyric video of the song and your thoughts on the song(s), artist(s), and/or music video(s).

If you would like to participate in Music Monday, please join the link up at the bottom of this post by sharing your post's url.

 Finally, have fun sharing and discovering new to you music!


This week I'm sharing two songs by a fantastic bluegrass band called Chris Jones & The Night Drivers and since it's almost December I'll be including a bonus Christmas song!

"Don't Blink" (2013) and "Bow Ties Are Cool" (2015) by Chris Jones & The Night Drivers - I have no idea how I've never heard of this group before now (they've been around for 20 years), but somehow I've missed them.  I "discovered" them on a bluegrass radio show.  These two songs happened to be played back to back - they're both great instrumental numbers and the titles are fantastic!  I laughed out loud when the show's host said he had no idea where the titles come from because I sure do!





On to the music!





"Snowy White Snow and Jingle Bells" (1952) by Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra - I love listening to Christmas music, although I do think it's starting too early in the season.  Usually, the stations seem to pick a handful of songs to play over and over, but I actually got lucky and heard one that's completely new to me.  It sounds like something that should be on Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer (1964).  I have no idea why it isn't a classic that's played over and over again!  You can listen to it here.  Here's another earlier version of it from 1950 by Dorothy Squires, if you're really interested.


Comments

  1. What a fun post! And I love your picks for today. Haha

    I know what you mean about the same Christmas songs being on repeat on the radio. I've started listening through my phone because it's the only way I can get variety. I love Christmas music otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Maybe you'll join me next week? :)

      I do like listening online, too, or just different radio stations than what you would normally listen to. I actually heard this particular Christmas song through my free trial of SiriusXM raido - unfortunately my trial's up. I don't really want to pay for radio, but I loved it while it was free!

      Delete
  2. What a great idea! It's so nice to be able to discover new great music. I'll definitely be checking this out next Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :)

      Very cool - maybe you'll even want to join in!

      Delete
    2. Oh no! I missed it! I'm going to make a draft for next week so I can be sure not to.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Books I've Read For Book Riot's Read Harder Challenge