Skip to main content

Black Friday 2021 Read-a-thon - Wrap Up & Mini Reviews

Happy Saturday everyone! Today I'm sharing my results for the Black Friday Read-a-thon which is hosted by Du LivreBooks & Sensibility, and Mocha Girls Read.  You can check out my original tbr here.  I surprised myself and managed to complete all five graphic novels I had picked out.  Keep reading to see my mini reviews: 

 ❋ ❋ ❋ 
Heartstopper: Volume Three (Heartstopper #3) by Alice Oseman is just as cute and sweet as the previous installments. Charlie and Nick are so good together. It was nice to see them manage and explore their relationship further on their school trip to Paris. Plus, both of them have the opportunity to learn more about each other on their trip. It's tough to choose the best spot, but I appreciated getting to see Charlie stand up for himself. It's been a long time coming and I think it was good for him. I also want to mention that I was happy for the two teachers as well. Overall, I can't wait to see what's next in Volume Four and I just need to read more from this author as soon as possible. By the way, I wish more books would include a who's who section with character notes - it's good to know that Tao's favorite movie is Hunt for the Wilderpeople. That movie is just so much fun.

My review is also on Goodreads.


 ❋ ❋ 

Goldie Vance, Vol. Two (Goldie Vance #5-8) by Hope Larson and Brittney Williams was a fun read. I love the use of color and the retro design.  It's cool seeing this author's vision of 1962.  There's so much more I'd like to know and I can't wait to read the next volume in the series.  By the way, I totally had River Song in the back of my mind while reading this.

My review is also on Goodreads.


 ❋ ❋ 
The Wicked + The Divine Vol. 5: Imperial Phase, Part 1 by Kieron Gillen is another good installment of this story.  I really love the art style of this series and that opening article was pretty cool as well. Have to admit though I was a bit confused. Then again it has been a bit since I read volume four. Definitely need to read volume six soon.

My review is also on Goodreads.


 ❋ 

Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Vol. 5: Arena of Fear by Nick Abadzis is my least favorite of this Tenth Doctor comic series so far. It has its moments and it was good to see Jack again, but it's a bit confusing and the pacing is off so some of it really drags.

My review is also on Goodreads.


 ❋ 
Loki: Agent of Asgard, Vol. 2: I Cannot Tell a Lie by Al Ewing was fun, but I felt a little out of the loop not having previously read another specific series that is quite important for this as well. It's not as fun reading a cross over when you not very familiar with the other side of the story.

My review is also on Goodreads.


Did you take part in this readathon?  Have you read any of these graphic novels?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!



Comments

  1. These look great. I really liked the Alice Oseman book I read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to read everything she's ever written. :)

      Delete
  2. Glad you got so much reading in !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Out of all of these, I'd probably read Heartstopper, it sounds so good😁

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Enjoyed That Have Under 2000 Ratings On Goodreads