Skip to main content

The Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings): Heavy Time (The Company Wars #4) by C.J. Cherryh

 

On Friday's I take part in two weekly link ups - The Friday 56, hosted by Freda's Voice, and Book Beginnings, hosted by Rose City Reader.  For The Friday 56, you choose a book, a book you have just finished, a book you are about to start, your current read, and share a line or a few lines that grab you (but don't spoil anything) from page 56 or 56% of the way through the ebook. Post it and share your post's url on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post. As for Book Beginnings, you share the first sentence or so and your initial thoughts, impressions, or whatever else it inspires, and then link up your post's url with Rose City Reader. 
 
Happy Friday everyone! This week I'm spotlighting one of my current Mythothon reads, Heavy Time (The Company Wars #4) by C.J. Cherryh.  I've never read one of the books in this series, but I've been told you don't have to read them in order.  This cover is very eye catching isn't it?

Beginning:

It was a lonely place, this remote deep of the Belt, a place where, if things went wrong, they went seriously wrong.  And the loneliest sound of all was that thin, slow beep that meant a ship in distress.

56:

"It's my watch now, hear me?  We're all alone.  Do you hear me, Dekker?"


Are you taking part in this readathon?  Have you read this book?  As always, thanks for visiting and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. Not participating. But it looks like an exciting book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, not taking part. Good luck and happy reading over the weekend!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks and sounds exciting, and yes a truly eye-catching cover! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting snippets!! I would have to read them in order though. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not read this one. I hope you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always wanted to try Cherryh's books. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read this book, but it looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That beginning pulls me right in. Thanks for sharing! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoy C.J. Cherryh's writing. She's had a tough time lately, but last I heard she's back to writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't at all familiar with Cherryh until stumbling on this. Definitely going to have to pick up more!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Enjoyed That Have Under 2000 Ratings On Goodreads