Skip to main content

The Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings): American Panda by Gloria Chao


On Friday's I take part in two weekly link ups - The Friday 56, hosted by Freda's Voice, and Book Beginnings, hosted by Rose City Reader.  For The Friday 56, you choose a book, a book you have just finished, a book you are about to start, your current read, and share a line or a few lines that grab you (but don't spoil anything) from page 56 or 56% of the way through the ebook. Post it and share your post's url on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post. As for Book Beginnings, you share the first sentence or so and your initial thoughts, impressions, or whatever else it inspires, and then link up your post's url with Rose City Reader. 
 
Happy Friday everyone! This week I'm spotlighting one of my current Mythothon reads, American Panda by Gloria Chao.  This has been on my radar for awhile and it's refreshing for a YA book to feature a college student as the lead.

Beginning:

The stench of the restaurant's specialty walloped my senses as soon as I entered.

56:

With a few fingers, I grabbed the cup so gingerly I almost dropped it.


Are you taking part in this readathon?  Have you read this book?  As always, thanks for visiting and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. Hope you're enjoying it! Thanks for sharing! Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think today I will do a personal readathan. I have two books I need to finish and just can't seem to get them done working slowly away on them. Full steam ahead to a day full of reading. My quotes this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the cover. I hope you enjoy it! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not familiar with this book, but I like the quotes. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth reading. Thanks for coming over, Breana!

      Delete
  5. I'm pretty sure this is on my GR list! For a long time, actually.....
    Happy Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it when you get to it, Freda. Have a good one!

      Delete
  6. I've heard very good things about this book. I hope you enjoy it.
    My Friday: Marie @ Pages to Explore

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your readathon is going well. This looks really good, I look forward to your review😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They'll be coming along soon... Thanks for coming over, Tammy!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review