Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday: Upcoming Book Adaptations I Can't Wait To Watch

Happy Tuesday everyone!  Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday which is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.  This week's topic is a freebie and I've decided to feature Upcoming Book Adaptations I Can't Wait To Watch.  Here we go 

Returning Shows:

Good Omens, Season 2 - Honestly, I couldn't have asked for a better adaptation for the first season and I can't wait to see David Tennant's Crowley and Michael Sheen's Aziraphale again.

Shadow and Bone, Season 2 - I was really pleased with how the first season brought Alina and the Crows to life. I'm really looking forward to how they handle Siege and Storm and Six of Crows.

The Umbrella Academy, Season 3 - This is one of those cases where I much prefer the tv adaptation in comparison to the original graphic novels.  After the ending of season 2, I need to know about The Sparrows!

New to the Screen:

Cinder by Marissa Meyer - I love The Lunar Chronicles and I'm honestly surprised that there hasn't already been an adaptation.  I wish it were live action, but I think animation will really suit the story well too.

The Fall of the House of Usher by Edgar Allan Poe - Poe is always a favorite and I'm dying to know what Mike Flanagan will do with this since I've loved his previous shows and movies.

Heartstopper by Alice Oseman - The trailer for this Netflix adaptation just looks so dang cute!  It looks like it's going to hit all the right notes.

The Midnight Club by Christopher Pike - I really liked reading Pike when I was young, and I think Mike Flanagan will be the perfect person to bring this to life.

Percy Jackson by Rick Riordan - This whole series and the wider universe it's set in is so cool so I'm dying to see what the new tv series adaptation will look like especially considering the author has a hand in it.  It honestly can't get much worse that those two movies.  I wouldn't be against Logan Lerman having a little cameo though - I have nothing against him since he tried his hardest.

The Sandman by Neil Gaiman - I've never read this graphic novel series, but I've loved the other things I've read from Gaiman and I think that little sneak preview that's been released for this looks really cool.

The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani - What I've read of this series has looked really cool and there's such a great cast behind the upcoming Netflix movie.


Are you looking forward to these adaptations or have you read any of the books?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. This post was so fun. Great topic choice Lauren! Here is my post-https://paigesofnovels.wordpress.com/2022/04/05/top-ten-tuesday-freebie-favorite-books-in-the-first-quarter-of-2022/.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited for both The Umbrella Academy and Heartstoppper!

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There going to be a season two of Good Omens. That would be interesting given that the first season completed the whole books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gaiman and Pratchett had planned a second book, but it never ended up happening. Gaiman has said that the drafts of it are the basis for season 2. :D

      Delete
  4. Seeing all the excitement for Heartstopper makes me want to binge read the series. I still haven't picked up the first volume. Hope all these end up being great watches for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read all 4 out now and it's a favorite series. It's so dang cute!

      Delete
  5. Oh wow! I didn't know Cinder is being adapted as an animation. That's really excited. I'm also excited for season 2 of Good Omens. I loved the first season. It was amazing. :)

    My TTT Post

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really curious about Heartstopper. I haven't read the graphic novel but it looks so cute😁

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry... Did you say Lunar Chronicles is going to be a cartoon? No. No I do not like that. I do not like that at all. I hope they do well at it, we've waited long enough.

    Ash @ Essentially Ash

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. It's supposed to be by the people behind Ron's Gone Wrong. I wish it was live action, but I' guess we'll find out.

      Delete
  8. I'm both excited and nervous about the Percy Jackson adaptation, I'm glad that Rick Riordan is involved and I'm sure he'll make sure it's faithful to the books.....but we have been burned before! I'm massively excited for Shadow and Bone Season 2, as I much preferred Book 2 to Book 1 and I can't wait to meet Nikolai. I was surprised when it was announced there would be a Good Omens 2, because it felt like Season 1 was a fairly self contained story, but I'm excited to see where it goes.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2022/04/05/top-ten-tuesday-362/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean there! I'm so nervous but very excited to see what happens.

      Delete
  9. I didn't know Chainani was getting a series. Cool. I need to get to Umbrella academy too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am ridiculously excited for more Good Omens and Umbrella Academy, and NEED Sandman like now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review