Skip to main content

The Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings): The Spare Man by Mary Robinette Kowal

 

  

On Friday's I take part in two weekly link ups - The Friday 56, hosted by Freda's Voice, and Book Beginnings, hosted by Rose City Reader.  For The Friday 56, you choose a book, a book you have just finished, a book you are about to start, your current read, and share a line or a few lines that grab you (but don't spoil anything) from page 56 or 56% of the way through the ebook. Post it and share your post's url on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post. As for Book Beginnings, you share the first sentence or so and your initial thoughts, impressions, or whatever else it inspires, and then link up your post's url with Rose City Reader. 

Happy Friday everyone! This week I'm spotlighting one of my Magical Readathon: Orilium - Spring Equinox 2023 books, The Spare Man by Mary Robinette Kowal.  This sounds exactly like it's going to be right up my alley and just look at that cover!

Beginning: 

Kneeling on the floor of the suite, Tesla Crane could just feel the vibrations of the centrifugal ring as it rotated around the interplanetary cruise ship Lindgren.

56:

Tesla knew, loved, and trusted exactly one person on this cruise.  And one dog.


Have you read this book?  Are you taking part in this challenge?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. I hope you have a very Happy Easter, Lauren 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the title and cover of this book--and I'm intrigued by the idea of an interplanetary cruise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great cover! I've been in the mood for sci-fi lately, so this is going on my wishlist. Thanks for sharing! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that 56... lol... I can relate. Happy Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would get this book for that beautiful cover alone. Also, the excerpts are great. I'm adding this one to my list. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is on my TBR, I hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Enjoyed That Have Under 2000 Ratings On Goodreads