Skip to main content

Summer of Horror 2026 - August Week 5 Update

summer of horror 2026 logo

Happy Sunday Funday and welcome to my final and thirteenth weekly update for Summer of Horror 2026 (my fifth of August), a celebration of all things horror running from June through August and hosted by Tammy @ Books, Bones & Buffy.  I can't believe it's all over!  These three months really flew by, didn't they!  I can't believe I finished my original tbr and checked off quite a bit of my watchlist to.  Keep reading to see what I've gotten up to since last week.

My Summer of Horror This Week:






What I've Watched This Week:

The Boroughs - Netflix - I finished up the last three episodes of The Boroughs and it was a lot of fun. It's a shame it was cancelled because I definitely would have continued on with it. My favorite elements of this were easily the talented cast and the engaging score. If you're a fan of Stranger Things and older Steven Spielberg, you'll have to give it a try.

My review is also on Serializd.

Episode 6: Sam needs to disown Clare after that move. I also need Wally to have a very good plan here because otherwise what the heck. How much of that amber liquid do you need to drink to have the reaction that Art saw happened to Anneliese? Finally, I keep surprising myself with how much I like Renee and Paz together and I need both of them to be okay.

My review is also on Serializd.

❋.5
Episode 7: We get a lot going on with this one and learn quite a bit more. I'm very glad that Clare has started to believe thanks to the experiments her dad was doing with the tvs and by meeting Paz. Like I said before, I very much need for Wally to either come to his senses or have a plan. I hope this series ends well given that it was cancelled by Netflix - I guess I'll find out soon!

My review is also on Serializd.

❋.5
Episode 8: This is a solid ending, but I just wish we got a little bit more given that the series has been cancelled That said it wraps up things pretty nicely. I'm glad so many characters survived the ending and/ or came around while still maintaining the suspenseful tone. My main question after that ending though was how is the whole community seemingly up fine, given what happened to several members of management?

My review is also on Serializd.


The Terror (Season 2: Infamy) - Definitely looking forward to see where this goes just based on the first episode.

❋.5
Episode 1: This takes a minute to get going as it's starting to set everything up, but I think this is going to be a good season. And, I think it's going to hurt too. Those last few minutes are brutal. Also, I didn't realize Philip from Travelers was going to be in this!

My review is also on Serializd.

What I Read This Week:

Angel Down by Daniel Kraus is a brutal WWI horror novel with a unique style. I wasn't quite sure what to expect from this and it did take me a bit to get into the one long sentence format, but by the end I couldn't put it down. I do wish the story and the ending weren't quite as ambiguous, but the Kraus certainly gives his readers plenty to think about and consider. Finally, the horrors of war as represented in this story are right up there with All Quiet On The Western Front, Come and See, 1917, The Pianist, and Grave of the Fireflies for me.

My review is also on Goodreads and The StoryGraph.


Did you participate in this challenge?  Have you read this book or watched these shows?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. I can't believe it is over as well. I had so much fun this year. Of course, I read horror all year round but it was fun adding a few different types of post such as movies and series this year. I was curious about that Kraus book but I don't like books centered around war which is why I never picked it up. Glad you enjoyed it though. I really need to watch The Buroughs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good summer. I hope you enjoy The Boroughs!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for participating this year! I'm sad about The Boroughs being canceled too, it seems like there are all sorts of ways they can continue the series. And yes, Angel Down was brutal and such a memorable reading experience!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer or Horror 2026 - Top Ten Tuesday: Goodreads Choice Awards Horror Nominees I Still Want To Read

Summer or Horror 2026 - Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Horror Covers

Music Monday: Murder Ballads