Skip to main content

Music Monday: Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind


Happy Monday everyone and welcome back to Music Monday! Let's share some songs we've been enjoying lately!  If you would like to play and I really hope you do, please see the rules and link up below.

Rules:

Every Monday share one or two of songs you've been enjoying lately.  It doesn't have to be a specific genre, new, or one of your favorites - just something you'd like to share with others.  If possible, share a music or lyric video of the song and your thoughts on the song(s), artist(s), and/or music video(s).

If you would like to participate in Music Monday, please join the link up by sharing your post's url.


Since this is the last week of Sci-Fi Month, which is hosted by Rinn Reads and Over the Effing Rainbow, I'm spotlighting three of my favorite tracks from one of my favorite Studio Ghibli movie soundtrack's, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (1984).  While I like the movie itself quite a bit, it isn't quite my favorite Miyazaki film, but the soundtrack is one of the best.  Below I have included the tracks for the Opening, To A Far Away Land, and Nausicaä's Glider.  Enjoy!






Comments

  1. Oh man, I haven't listened to these songs in a long time. Thanks for mentioning them. I'm definitely going to give them a listen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Happy listening - again - and thanks for linking up!

      Delete
  2. I love Miyazaki, but I've never seen this movie so the music is all new to me. P.S. I KNOW I need to watch the movie soon. :D Have a great week. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind in so long... so nice to hear these songs again. Yay! I need to watch it again...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to rewatch it again myself! Thanks for visiting, Greg!

      Delete
  4. I adore Miyazaki and everything Studio Ghibli! Kiki's Delivery Service and Castle in the Sky were my favorite movies when I was growing up. I just watched Nausicca again this summer and felt like it was the first time I really understood it. As a little girl I was always so confused! What your favorite one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! I love those as well. I also like Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, and Princess Mononoke! :)

      Delete
  5. I have thes books in my library but I've never watched the anime. I love the music. Light and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never read the books, but the movie is fantastic. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early