Skip to main content

Their Fractured Light (Starbound #3) by Amie Kaufman and Megan Spooner - Review


❋ ❋ ❋ ❋ 

Gideon is a top computer hacker also known as The Knave of Hearts in Corinth's underworld. He will do just about anything to get past security measures and do hacks that others wouldn't dare try. Sofia is a quite the con artist and can talk you into doing anything that she wants you to do. She's out for revenge as she holds LaRoux Industries responsible for her father's strange death. Both Gideon and Sophia happen to be separately trying to infiltrate LRI when they are interrupted by a security breach and they quickly realize that they'll have to work together to escape. They don't trust each other and they have their own reasons to take down LRI, but if they work together they just might be able to expose whatever secrets LRI doesn't want to get out.


Their Fractured Light by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner is an excellent series finale! I think that it is my favorite book in the series, actually. While Gideon and Sophia are pretty great characters on their own, I particularly enjoyed seeing Flynn, Jubilee, Tarver, and Lilac back on the scene. Our two new characters do get slightly overshadowed by the returning members of the cast the further into the story we get, but either way the two mix well with our already established characters. Of the two, Gideon is my favorite - I enjoyed his well-developed sense of snark. Aside from great characters, this novel is also fast-paced and intense and had me hooked right from the outset. It's really kicked up a notch as we get closer and closer to uncovering the truth alongside the cast. In the end, I'd say it's wrapped up just about perfectly. It made me feel lots of emotions, which is saying a lot for me. I also listened to this story on audio which features multiple narrators and the production is really absorbing.


Overall, if you want to dive into an engrossing YA sci-fi series, you absolutely have to try Starbound which is brilliantly co-authored by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner. If you're open to audiobooks, I highly recommend listening to this fantastic production. I must say that I'm really looking forward to their next collaboration with Unearthed due out next year.



I listened to this audiobook from October 16 - 22, 2016 and my review is also on Goodreads

.

Comments

  1. I've only read the first book in the series, but I loved it. I'm not sure why I haven't gotten around to the other two books, too busy I guess! Glad it ended on a high note, your review makes me want to make sure I finish up this series:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get the chance to Tammy! The series just keeps getting better. :)

      Delete
  2. I haven't read this series but I'm eyeballing their next work and I might also pick up a copy of these three - I like coming to a series late sometimes - no waiting in between!
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agreed with every thing you said! Im so happy I listened to this as an audiobook - I don't think I've come across a book with such production qualtiy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the best when it comes to production quality - I'm glad you enjoyed it too! Thanks for coming over, Amber!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows