Skip to main content

Music Monday: Sci-Fi TV Themes


Happy Monday everyone and welcome back to Music Monday! Let's share some songs we've been enjoying lately!  If you would like to play and I really hope you do, please see the rules and link up below.

Rules:

Every Monday share one or two of songs you've been enjoying lately.  It doesn't have to be a specific genre, new, or one of your favorites - just something you'd like to share with others.  If possible, share a music or lyric video of the song and your thoughts on the song(s), artist(s), and/or music video(s).

If you would like to participate in Music Monday, please join the link up by sharing your post's url.

This week I'm focusing on music from favorite sci-fi tv shows since this is Sci-Fi Month.

The Time Tunnel - This is the opening and closing theme to the tv series that isn't that well-remembered as it should be today.  I love all of the brass.  By the way, the show was scored by Johnny Williams.  Yes, that John Williams - the man behind some of the most icon movie music there is!  It starts right around 0:28, by the way.



Doctor Who, "All the Strange, Strange Creatures" - Rather than feature the main opening theme, this is another one of my favorite pieces of music featured in the show from series 3 called "All the Strange, Strange Creatures."  It's basically the unofficial theme of that particular series - and it really manages to reflect the idea of running and never stopping and it ties into the huge reveal at the end of the series regarding The Master.





Comments

  1. All the Strange, Strange Creatures is one of my favorite Doctor Who theme songs, besides the main one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! It's such a good one - I also like I am the Doctor. :)

      Delete
  2. I love that Time Tunnel theme! It definitely has that late 60's vibe going... and John Williams?? Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right! I just happened to notice that as the end credits were rolling and I couldn't believe it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early