Skip to main content

The Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings): Stiletto (The Checquy Files #2) by Daniel O'Malley + 50/50 Friday




On Friday's I take part in three weekly link ups - The Friday 56, hosted by Freda's Voice, Book Beginnings, hosted by Rose City Reader, and 50/50 Friday is a new weekly link up and it is hosted by Carrie @ The Butterfly Reader and Laura @ Blue Eye Books. For The Friday 56, you choose a book, a book you have just finished, a book you are about to start, your current read, and share a line or a few lines that grab you (but don't spoil anything) from page 56 or 56% of the way through the ebook. Post it and share your post's url on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post. As for Book Beginnings, you share the first sentence or so and your initial thoughts, impressions, or whatever else it inspires, and then link up your post's url with Rose City Reader. Then, for 50/50 Friday, every week there's a new topic featuring two sides of the same coin - you share a book that suits each category and link up on the hosts blogs.


Happy Friday everyone!  This week I'm spotlighting one of my Magical Readathon books, Stiletto (The Checquy Files #2) by Daniel O'Malley.  This book will fulfill the prompt to read a book with a white cover.  I loved book one, and I can't wait to see what's next.

Beginning:

The woman was crouched in an alley, her back against the wall and her hands pressed awkwardly to the bricks behind her.

56:

"Fine.  Go, then.  Strive not to get killed.  You've no idea how much it would inconvenience me!"

50/50 Friday: Favorite/ Least Favorite Marvel Character


Favorite - Steve Rogers/ Captain America - There are so many characters I like from the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but I've decided to focus primarily on characters introduced in phase one.  Either way, Steve takes the cake.


Least favorite - Clint Barton/ Hawkeye - This is specifically in comparison between movie version of the character and the version of the character from Matt Fraction's Hawkeye series (which is an all time favorite).  There are moments in the movies where we get a little taste that remind me of his character in that comic series.  Maybe the upcoming Hawkeye Disney+ series will bring more of the Matt Fraction-y elements I love out in the character - and maybe even introduce Kate Bishop.



What are you reading this weekend?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. Intriguing series! Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: ”BIG SUMMER”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing yours as well. Thanks for coming over!

      Delete
  2. H Lauren,
    Sounds like a mystery is a foot. I'll have to
    check this one out. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not read Stiletto either, but I also loved the first book. I'm curious to hear your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book seems to be action-packed! I also like the cover :)
    Konna @ The Reading Armchair

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both snippets intrigued me enough to wanna check out more from this series!! :-) Happy weekend, stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always find such interesting sounding books. Enjoy! My quotes and review

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you'll enjoy book two as much as book one. Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Captain America is a great one for sure!

    Thanks for linking up and I hope you weekend is going great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Thanks - I hope you're having a good one too.

      Delete
  9. Stiletto sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read somewhere that the Hawkeye series had either been put on hold or cancelled before even going into production due to Jeremy Renner's personal issues, though I could be wrong.

    I don't believe I have a favorite Marvel character. Well, maybe Spiderman...or Wolverine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that too, but then again I've heard it's back on track as well - so I guess we'll see there.

      I do enjoy both of them! :)

      Delete
  11. This book is completely new to me but it sounds great. I love the quotes you shared.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a series I definitely want to check out. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hah, that 56 quote made me laugh, and the beginning is intriguing.

    I'm not very familiar with the comic versions of either Cap or Hawkeye but I like the movie ones, especially Cap. When the Hawkeye series hits Disney+ I'll give it a try. Have a good week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a lovely, ominous beginning! Really grabs you. Ha, that 56 quote made me giggle!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that Friday 56 excerpt. LOL The opening is quite tense, isn't it? I wonder what's happening!

    Captain America is awesome. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's worth picking up.

      Captain America is the best. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early