Skip to main content

Sunday Funday: Wayward-A-Thon - Announcement & TBR


Happy Sunday everyone!  This weekend I'm sharing my plans for round one of Wayward-A-Thon which is hosted by @readingparent and @lifewhitme.  Wayward-A-Thon will run the entire month of February and it's inspired by the first season of Supernatural.  Needless to say, I'm really excited for this readathon since it's based on one of my favorite tv shows.  My goal is to complete a blackout bingo of the entire board.  Without further ado, let's get to my tbr: 

Pilot - First book in a series

My choice: Undone (Outcast Season #1) by Rachel Caine - I've had this sitting on my shelf for way too long.  It's time to give this a try.

Skin - Read a book you're unsure about

My choice: Ancient Images by Ramsey Campbell - I got this ages ago at a library book sale.  I'd never heard of it.  It sounded intriguing though since it's a horror novel that features a Boris Karloff and Bela Lugosi movie.  Not sure about that cover though.

Hell House - Paranormal

My choice: Webmage (Webmage #1) by Kelly McCullough - I suppose you could say this is paranormal, urban fantasy, and cyberpunk.

Dead Man's Blood - Vampires

My choice: Bloodline (Bloodline #1) by Kate Cary - I'm always on the lookout for vampire books and this one was totally new to me and this one sounds like it could be interesting.  It's set during WWI and features a character named Quincey Harker (who is probably the son of Mina and Jonathan from Dracula).  The cover isn't all that great though.

Salvation - Emotional read

My choice: A Sky Beyond the Storm (An Ember in the Ashes #4) by Sabaa Tahir - This is going to be brutal, I can feel it.

Bloody Mary - Retelling of a classic

My choice: The Witch and Other Tales Re-Told by Jean Thompson - This is a collection of short stories that retell classic fairytales and hopefully it lives up to its potential.

Hook Man - Lore or mythology based


My choice: Norse Code by Greg Van Eekhout - Based on the description, this sounds like it could be something along the lines of American Gods.

Faith - Book with a religion different than yours


My choice: The Right Hand of Amon (Lieutenant Bak #1) by Lauren Haney - This mystery series set in ancient Egypt sounds like it could be really good.

Scarecrow - A book that gives you creepy feels


My choice: State of Decay (Revivors #1) by James Knapp - Militarized zombie cyberpunk? Sounds pretty creepy to me!

Devil's Trap - Found family trope


My choice: Monstrous Regiment (Discworld #31) by Terry Pratchett - I've had this part of the series on my shelf for way too long.

Dead in the Water - Water on the cover


My choice: The Ferryman Institute by Colin Gigl - I've had this fantasy novel on my shelf for what must be years and it's more than time I finally read it.

Sam - Book with a romantic character


My choice: The Husband Hunters: American Heiresses Who Married Into the British Aristocracy by Anne de Courcy - One of my friends gave this to me and it makes me think of Cora from Downton Abbey.

Meg - Friends to enemies trope


My choice: We Used to be Friends by Amy Spalding - This 2020 YA contemporary sounds well worth it.

Dean - Bad boy trope


My choice: Don't Date Rosa Santos by Nina Moreno - I've been eyeing this one at my library for quite awhile and I've heard a lot of great things about it.

Route 666 - First love trope


My choice: My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick - This doesn't sound quite like my sort of thing, but I've heard a lot of great things about it so I think I'll finally try it.

Phantom Traveler - Main character goes under cover


My choice: Orphan Monster Spy (Orphan Monster Spy #1) by Matt Killeen - I've been making to pick up this YA historical thriller for ages.

Bugs - Indigenous author


My choice: Mongrels by Stephen Graham Jones - After checking out his newest release, I've decided I need to read everything he's written.

Nightmare - Chosen one trope


My choice: The Crystal Cave (Arthurian Saga #1) by Mary Stewart - I can't resist anything King Arthur and Merlin related.

Provenance - Book featuring the arts


My choice: Five Came Back: A Story of Hollywood and the Second World War by Mark Harris - This sounds like an intriguing piece of nonfiction.

Home - Set near your hometown


My choice: The Outlaw Demon Wails (The Hollows #6) by Kim Harrison - I don't often get the chance to read books set in my home state, but this fantasy series is set in an alternate Cincinnati, Ohio.

W*ndigo - Set in the mountains
 

My choice: Serena by Ron Rash - This one is set in the Appalachian Mountains.  I'd also like to try the movie adaptation as well.

Asylum - Mental Health Rep


My choice: I Wish You All the Best (I Wish You All the Best #1) by Mason Deaver - I'll also be reading this for Book Riot's Read Harder Challenge.

The Benders - Psychological Thriller


My choice: Someone We Know by Shari Lapena - This has been really popular at my library so if look he to see what the hype is about.

Shadow - Middle Grade or children's book 



Something Wicked: Give a book a second chance


My choice: The Shrike & The Shadows by Chantal Gadoury and A.M. Wright - I originally DNF'd this, but I might try it in an audiobook format because it had a lot of potential.


Are you taking part in this readathon?  Have you read any of these books?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. what fun and you have some great looking books. good luck
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds awesome! You have a great lineup. I've read Serena and Mongrels and loved them both😁

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'd Buy Right This Second If Someone Handed Me A Fully Loaded Gift Card