Skip to main content

The Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings): A Sky Beyond the Storm (An Ember in the Ashes #4) by Sabaa Tahir



On Friday's I take part in three weekly link ups - The Friday 56, hosted by Freda's Voice, and Book Beginnings, hosted by Rose City Reader.  For The Friday 56, you choose a book, a book you have just finished, a book you are about to start, your current read, and share a line or a few lines that grab you (but don't spoil anything) from page 56 or 56% of the way through the ebook. Post it and share your post's url on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post. As for Book Beginnings, you share the first sentence or so and your initial thoughts, impressions, or whatever else it inspires, and then link up your post's url with Rose City Reader. 


Happy Friday everyone!  This week I'm spotlighting one of my current Wayward-A-Thon books, A Sky Beyond the Storm (An Ember in the Ashes #4) by Sabaa Tahir.  I've loved this series and I know this finale is going to be absolutely brutal, but worth it.

Beginning:

I awoke in the glow of a young world, when man knew of hunting but not tilling, of stone but not steel.  It smelled of rain and earth and life.  It smelled of hope.

56:

These memories are folly, for emotion has no place in my world.


Are you participating in this Supernatural inspired readathon?  Have you read this book?  What are you reading this weekend?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. I still haven't started this series. I've heard a lot of praise for An Ember in the Ashes, and I feel like I need to give it a read one day. Enjoy your current read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great excerpts! I also love that cover. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “THE SHADOW BOX”

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I was reading this series! I hope you love the rest of it😁

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still need to read the first book. I have it on my Kindle, but I gotta read it. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still haven't read past book one. I plan on doing a re-read and a catch up this year.
    My Friday: Marie @ Pages to Explore

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is always a bittersweet feeling that accompanies reading the last book in a beloved series. I hope you enjoy every moment. My quotes this week

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh, I love that opening!!
    My post is here https://francebooktours.com/2021/02/05/loving-modigliani-book-beginnings/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read this series, but I keep hearing good things about it. I really like that opening. I hope you are enjoying A Sky Beyond the Storm! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Intriguing excerpts and I love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those excerpts. I still need to try this series. It sounds awesome. Hope you have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows