Skip to main content

Sunday Funday: Magical Hop-A-Thon Announcement & TBR


Happy Sunday Funday everyone!  Today I'm featuring my TBR for the Magical Hop-A-Thon which runs the entire month of October and is hosted by Rachel (@rachelceryx_xo).  This sounds like it's going to be a really fun readathon that celebrates Disney World's 50th Anniversary.  You can check out Rachel's original announcement video here.  The goal is to read books to visit and then hop between the four Disney parks, if you wish.  To have a successful visit to each park you have to read four books by fulfilling the prompt for your park entrance ticket, visiting an attraction, eating a snack, and seeing a show.  You can try to read each prompt in each park or you can select one from each category.  My goal is to successfully visit all four parks by reading sixteen books.  No guarantees that I'll be able complete my goal, but I have picked out all of the books I'd like to get to for this challenge.  Keep reading to see my TBR for the Magical-Hop-A-Thon:

Disney's Hollywood Studios:


1. Park Entrance Ticket: Read a book that has been or will be hitting the silver screen.

My choice: The Passage (The Passage #1) by Justin Cronin - I loved the tv adaptation from 2019 (and was crushed when FOX cancelled it after only one season) and I need to try the source material.

2. Attraction - Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway: Read a new release (after 2020).

My choice: The Ruthless Lady's Guide to Wizardry by C.M.Waggoner - This author's previous release was such a gem and I can't wait to try this one.

3. Snack - Carrot Cake Cookie: Read a chunky book (over 400 pages).

My choice: The Six-Gun Tarot (Golgotha #1) by R.S. Belcher - I've been told I need to read this western horror and it sounds like it will be right up my alley.  I'll also be reading this for my Popsugar Reading Challenge.

4. Show - Indiana Jones: Read a book you keep putting off.

My choice: Sherlock Holmes and the Red Demon (Sherlock Holmes in Minnesota #1) by Larry Millett - This is another book I'll be reading for my Popsugar Reading Challenge and it's been sitting on my shelf for way too long.

Disney's Animal Kingdom:


1. Park Entrance Ticket: Read a book that involves nature.

My choice: Murder in Matera: A True Story of Passion, Family, and Forgiveness in Southern Italy by Helene Stapinski - This sounds like it could be in an interesting true crime book set in a beautiful location.

2. Attraction - Flight of Passage: Read a 5 star prediction.

My choice: Battle Ground (The Dresden Files #17) by Jim Butcher - This is one of my all time favorite series and I can't wait to see what happens in this most recent installment.

3. Snack - The Night Blossom: Read an Instagram worthy book.

My choice: Sunrise of Avalon (Twilight of Avalon #3) by Anna Elliott - This series has been fantastic so far and I can't wait to read the finale.  Plus, each book has had beautiful covers.

4. Show - Festival of the Lion King: Read a TBR vet.

My choice: My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon edited by P.N. Elrod - I'd say this anthology has been sitting on my shelf for years.  It has some good authors included and I'm especially looking forward to the offerings from Jim Butcher, Rachel Caine, and Lilith Saintcrow.


Magic Kingdom Park:



1. Park Entrance Ticket: Read a fantasy or magical realism book.

My choice: The Novice (Summoner #1) by Taran Mathau - I've been meaning to tackle this YA fantasy series opener for years.

2. Attraction - Haunted Mansion: Read a spooky book.

My choice: The Sculptor (Sam Markham #1) by Gregory Funaro - I just picked this book up second hand and it sounds like this mystery thriller featuring a serial killer could get pretty creepy.

3. Snack - Corn Dog Nuggets: Read a short book (less than 200 pages).

My choice: The Things That Are Not There (Teddy London #1) by C.J. Henderson - There are some mixed reviews on this, but I'd still like to try this horror novel.

4. Show - Happily Every After: Read an anticipated release.

My choice: Six Crimson Cranes (Six Crimson Cranes #1) by Elizabeth Lim - This sounds like such a fun YA fantasy novel.  I can't wait to get to it!


Epcot:



1. Park Entrance Ticket: Read a book that's been translated.

My choice: The Pyramid: The First Cases of Kurt Wallander (Kurt Wallander #9) by Henning Mankell - - I've enjoyed this series and the tv adaptations. I looking forward to diving into this novel which has been translated from the original Swedish.

2. Attraction - Test Track: Read a fast paced book.

My choice: Total War (The Survivalist #1) by Jerry Ahern - I found several of the short books in this long running series (33 installments) at a used book sale and sounds like it will be action packed to say the least! 

3. Snack - World Showcase: Read a book that's set in, has been translated from, or the author is from Mexico, Norway, China, Germany, Italy, Japan, Morocco, America, France, the UK, or Canada.

My choice: Bohemian Paris: Culture, Politics, and the Boundaries of Bourgeois Life, 1830-1930 by Jerrold E. Seigel - A friend of mine gave me this nonfiction book and it sounds like it will be a fascinating read.

4. Show - Guardians of the Galaxy: Read a book that's set, published, or has vibes from the 1980s.

My choice: The Black Company (The Chronicles of the Black Company #1) by Glen Cook - I've heard a lot of good things about this fantasy novel that was originally published in  1984.  I'm really looking forward to it!


Are you taking part in the Magical Hop-A-Thon?  Have you read any of these books?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early